New to MTB

qclabrat

I live in springfield NJ. I was looking for someone who teaches mtb skills. Does anyone have any suggestions?
what type of skills? I've used cognition coaching and they have been great
I'm actually going to try to get a small group together (3-4) again if you are interested, intermediate level
Just don't expect to bunny hop or manual as one of the required skills....

Tom spring

what type of skills? I've used cognition coaching and they have been great
I'm actually going to try to get a small group together (3-4) again if you are interested, intermediate level
Just don't expect to bunny hop or manual as one of the required skills....
Well, i cant bunny hop or manual. I have had one lesson in the past on downhill. It focused on moving your body around the bike. So let me know the details.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome Tom
There are a wealth of videos available which wasnt the case when I started way back when. I did a lot of reading but nothing worked better for me then making my own mistakes and not repeating them. Just get out and ride what your capable of and you will progress with time in the saddle. This is not to say getting some one on one wont help, just that a lot is learned by getting out there and ride. Hook up with some beginners group rides, there will be folks there to give plenty of pointers. We are a group of good people helping the cause of spreading mtbing goodness and information. It's all about the Fun factor.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome Tom!

Were you comfortable with the climbing part of lewis morris (ie good fitness level)

when are your prime riding times? there are a few after-work rides that might be right for you.

you'll pick it up quickly enough just riding with the video tips, then riding with others, which will keep
you motivated.

Also, post picture of bike. cause we like that stuff :D

Tom spring

Welcome Tom!

Were you comfortable with the climbing part of lewis morris (ie good fitness level)

when are your prime riding times? there are a few after-work rides that might be right for you.

you'll pick it up quickly enough just riding with the video tips, then riding with others, which will keep
you motivated.

Also, post picture of bike. cause we like that stuff :D
I havent gone to lewis morris this spring yet. Its been to wet. But last year it was fun. I will post some pics soon.

Top Bottom