New to East Brunswick...

qclabrat

@MissJR thanks for the input. Yeah I want to get better at planting dropoffs, do less pathetic bunnyhops and rail sweepers with vigor. I'll definitely reachout to Ben soon.

@jimvreeland we've never ridden together but I used to ride regularly with Russ, Mike, Keith and Doug in the FF a couple years back. Snow, ice, climbing, descending, night-time, I learned my basic bike-handling and trail skills with that fun, fat, motley crew. Now being settled in EB I'm looking to get more active once again. Let's ride together sometime.
in for a small group intermediate lessons from @BiknBen
I know he was swamped with NICA last year, but hopefully he's available at 6mr or CR this year

Eddy-V

@thegock - How would you rate CR on technical difficulty? Is it as rock-intense as Jungle Habitat, assuming you've ridden there? I'm definitely looking forward to riding CR. Thanks.

@qclabrat - That's an awesome idea. I'm going to message Ben right now to hopefully put it on his radar for this year. Thanks.

Eddy-V

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Secaucus sunset on my Gary Fisher hardtail. Fast 8 miles after work tonight on RR access roads. Instant stress relief! :)

thegock

@thegock - How would you rate CR on technical difficulty? Is it as rock-intense as Jungle Habitat, assuming you've ridden there? I'm definitely looking forward to riding CR.

So, I guess Allaire is a 2. Hartshorne is a 4. CR is a 6. Jungle Habitat is 7. Sourlands is an 8.

YMMV and it depends on which part of each park you ride. At CR the Yellow and Orange trails are the "6" part, while Blue might be 5, Red 4 and White 3.

Kind of like Tiger Woods is a different animal at Allaire.

See you there in a couple of weeks.

Mountain Bike Mike

Haha same here. Looking at that pic again I'm surprised no flak on the front fender!

was more impressed with the bike in the office which overrides the minor infractions. Some haters don't let little things like that fly. I'm prone to minor infractions regularly so I am no one to judge.

Eddy-V

@thegock - Nice info, thank you very much. I have ridden Allaire (and Tiger Woods), Hartshorne and Jungle Habitat, and your ratings are spot-on. Looking forward to meeting up at CR.

@Mountain Bike Mike - Yeah, that Selle SMP saddle really get's my blood pumping.........literally! ;) I have one on the road bike too, and the fatty has Selle Italia; no eagle-beak. :D

@rick81721 - Fender flak? o_O Because it's DIY? :shrug: I'll definitely search the forum threads and get myself up-to-speed on saddles and fenders.......oh my! :D

Dajerseyrat

hey, bump the old thread. I rode Frost this morning. I have been going there lately and cleaning up the trails a bit. I cut a few large trees off the trail and built a few log overs. Dont think anyone will mind since it seems to be a forgotten wasteland mostly maintained by local residents. I live right on old stage near BeBe ave so anytime you wanna ride Frost feel free to pm me for contact. There are some cool jumps and features, but the trails get a bit confusing at times..

thegock

hey, bump the old thread. I rode Frost this morning. I have been going there lately and cleaning up the trails a bit. I cut a few large trees off the trail and built a few log overs. Dont think anyone will mind since it seems to be a forgotten wasteland mostly maintained by local residents. I live right on old stage near BeBe ave so anytime you wanna ride Frost feel free to pm me for contact. There are some cool jumps and features, but the trails get a bit confusing at times..

BtB home and away,?

GreenMachine

I
I hit Frost periodically , it’s a mess as you described for sure....

scotth

Might ride tomorrow through frost to the stuff along old stage and other side of Helmetta blvd

Top Bottom