New to East Brunswick...

Discussion in 'First Timers' started by Eddy-V, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Eddy-V

Eddy-V New Member

Good day gents. Just moved to EB from Rutherford and wanted to connect regarding rides and general info. I signed-up with MTBNJ 2 years ago, but haven't posted much. I have an On One Fatty, Gary Fisher hard-tail, Gravity road bike, and have ridden 6 Mile Run several times in the past. Frost Woods is 2 blocks away from our house, and so I'm planning on riding my Fatty there early tomorrow morning. I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate, but will pretty much ride anything that isn't insanely dangerous at my skill level :cool:. I'm always looking to learn new skills and lines from more advanced riders, while at the same time help along newbs to improve their confidence and technique. Hopefully we can meetup soon, looking forward to it.

pygmypony and thegock like this.
  2. thegock

thegock Well-Known Member

Welcome to your guide to the Rock Garden State. Look for rides posted at Chimney Rock-Fun Mondays.

3. rottin'

rottin' Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

Welcome...back? Only thing I got is don't eat the yellow snow tomorrow :D

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Well-Known Member

Hey Ed,

This should start up again when the weather turns favorable. It's not really a formal thing but it is a no drop ride, it's as slow or fast as the people that show up that day. Good group and not a bad way to put some faces to screen names. Give it a shot.

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/beginners-group-ride.40165/

5. qclabrat

qclabrat Well-Known Member

well alright finally another Fatty owner, you must be poor like me, :D
    mine at a svelte 38lbs
    WP_20161124_10_20_13_Pro.jpg

thegock likes this.
  6. Eddy-V

Eddy-V New Member

Thanks 'thegock'. More or less when do the CR-FM rides begin, around April? I've never ridden there, but looking forward to ROCKing it.

Hey 'rottin', good advice! I resisted the urge to taste the lemon Italian ice..... ;)

Mr. 'Juggernaut', you are my rubber that meets the road (trail actually)......as in Kenda Juggernauts on my Fatty o_O. I will DEF checkout those rides you mentioned. Hope to see you there.

'qclabrat', as you already know, you are either On One or you're not :cool:. Great handling bike and performs nicely in almost all conditions. I wore-out the original tires and have since gone with above mentioned KJ 120TPI. Very light tire (needs taller knobs though) and, with a tubeless setup on Mulefut 80 rims and 1x have gone down to about 32lbs. It's so much fun...

All the best gents, see you out there...

Juggernaut likes this.