New tires ?

land rew

Can you recommend some decent new tire set for a 26 specialized epic fsr full suspension?:hmmm: Ride at CRock 60% LewMo 20% other 20%. Current tires are WTB 5+ Years old. Thank:)

My buds are using Specialized Eskars and loving them. Front and rear. Also ride 50% at CR plus RV and Sourlands. They hold up well and were good through the muddy winter and spring.

When I was riding 26" I loved the WTB Weirwolves, I was riding the 2.3 in back and 2.5 :eek: on the front (that was a huge tire). I could run really low pressures and not worry about pinch flats.

On the 29er I have Maxis Ignitors front and back and they work relally well everywhere.

Tim

I just tossed on some panaracers. Cheap and I'm pretty happy with them so far (100 miles on them so far).

Specialized the Captain

I recently put on Specialized "The Captain" Control 2bliss front and rear. They were very easy to set up with Stan's tubeless using just a floor pump. So far the grip has been very good at around 22-27 psi.

For a full on X-country the Specialized captain tires are great and I have had them on my FSRxc and at 6-Mile it was at home........... not so at CR.

I found my new love with Eskar 2Bliss Armadillo tires from Specialized. They are 2.3 as opposed to the 2.0 of the Captain. The Eskar Armadillo (not to be confused with the S-Works Eska) has a ticker outer casing for better puncture resistance and rolls pretty fast. Grip level is awesome and easy to maintain. With $65 a tire, it aint cheap, but you will get the most out of them.

My Dos Centavos:

Spec. the Captains 2Bliss: loved them, but side wall was very thin.

Ignitors: Great dry, sucked wet, wore fast.

Panaracers: My fave all around tire. I've used the tube version in the past. Put the tubelss on last fall, am very saitisfied. Great traction & sidewall wear. The above 2 roll better, but...

Another tire that ppl seem to like are the Kenda Nevgals, but I have no exp with them.

I ran the Nevegal 2.35 up front and the Syncros Point N Chute 2.3 at the back at CR. Excellent combination for that trail. Good traction and cornering without much rolling resistance since the Neve is up front and the faster Point N Chute is at the back.

My Dos Centavos:

Spec. the Captains 2Bliss: loved them, but side wall was very thin.

Ignitors: Great dry, sucked wet, wore fast.

Panaracers: My fave all around tire. I've used the tube version in the past. Put the tubelss on last fall, am very saitisfied. Great traction & sidewall wear. The above 2 roll better, but...

Another tire that ppl seem to like are the Kenda Nevgals, but I have no exp with them.
EDIT: Ignitors were great all around but sidewalls wore quickly.

It was the PYTHONS that were great dry, sucked wet and wore real fast....

I'm running Continental Mountain Kings (2.4" front, 2.2" rear) and I've been happy with them. They're fast, corner well and do well in both hard pack and loose stuff ... they suck in mud but what tire doesn't?

Tires

I ride at Mahlon & Allamuchy with WTB Raptor's 26 x 2.24 (45 psi) and they have held up extremely well...tough sidewalls for all the sharp edged rocks.

I got a set of Specialized Captains armadillo elite I can sell. Not "2Bliss" but I'm sure they can be run however you want. Was used maybe 15 rides. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom