New SS build. Suggestions?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So, after breaking my Top Fuel 9.9 RSL that I made SS last year and breaking my brand new 2018 Pivot Les SS I have decided carbon SS isn’t super great for bigger(not huge) just bigger riders. I purchased a Vassago Optimus Ti and am starting the build. This will be an XC race bike so I went with a Niner boost rigid fork for the offseason and a Fox SC32 100mm 51 offset suspension fork for racing. I have always used 90-110 mm stems but I am seeing these set up with offset seatposts and 30-60mm stems. Should I just give it a whirl with an old stem or are these new geos requiring a shorter stem? Maybe I am overthinking this.
008FDF15-EB5C-4052-809B-1068FD5CFC83.jpeg
2FE37E7B-E5D0-44BF-9667-D073AAA210A5.jpeg
7575240A-B9C1-4ECB-949E-89CB4C23A94A.jpeg
2067469D-0086-4557-AB66-F0276C92A4F5.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Being a welder, I'm surprised you haven't made yourself a steel frame and steel cranks yet. Maybe you wouldn't tear that to pieces.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
First off... sweet frame!!!!! Now you and Dicky can be twins! Well, except for about a foot height difference. :)

How wide a bar you running? The crazy short stems are usually offset by wider bars to keep the reach similar.... but singlespeeders usually already run wide bars for leverage... sooooo.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol, you overthink something. Hahahahaha.
Good luck Dave, looks sweet

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
First off... sweet frame!!!!! Now you and Dicky can be twins! Well, except for about a foot height difference. :)

How wide a bar you running? The crazy short stems are usually offset by wider bars to keep the reach similar.... but singlespeeders usually already run wide bars for leverage... sooooo.
Full width renthal carbon light. I think I will need an offset post and 80-90 stem to have similar reach to my pivot.

Top Bottom