New SRAM AXS released yesterday! Thoughts?

Mountain Bike Mike

29820F3A-63F5-4205-A6B6-B269C6720F58.gif

You people are nuts for even considering this pricepoint as justifiable... @jdog @jimvreeland - what’s the mark up on this stuff?

I prefer the cheaper priced, slightly heavier and more duable alternative

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This new wireless system will take a hit,(within reason) release the clutch,move out of alignment and pop back to where it was with no cable adjustments needed. My biggest gripe with my current set up is finding that sweet spot of adjustment so all the shifts are smooth. I always seem to wind up with that one gear that wants to hang up.. Allegedly the new AXS system won't need those adjustments..
The $65 XT is a lot cheaper than 800

goldsbar

Really neat tech and all, but $3,500+ for the group? Even just the derailleur and shifter will be expensive. I'm sure the proprietary chain can't be cheap. Oh, you'll now need a special adapter to use your compatible road bike on a wheel off trainer. Semi-disposable power meter is the best. Guess if you're ready to spend this much, you don't mind buying a power meter every time you replace your chain rings (granted, that's almost never on a road bike). The main problem for all of this is that the really cheap by the S brand that gets mocked on this thread actually works really well.

The one thing I truly like is the wireless dropper. $100-$150 over my Fox model + lever all-in cost would convince me.

Dajerseyrat

Really neat tech and all, but $3,500+ for the group? Even just the derailleur and shifter will be expensive. I'm sure the proprietary chain can't be cheap. Oh, you'll now need a special adapter to use your compatible road bike on a wheel off trainer. Semi-disposable power meter is the best. Guess if you're ready to spend this much, you don't mind buying a power meter every time you replace your chain rings (granted, that's almost never on a road bike). The main problem for all of this is that the really cheap by the S brand that gets mocked on this thread actually works really well.

The one thing I truly like is the wireless dropper. $100-$150 over my Fox model + lever all-in cost would convince me.
I thought it was $2000 all in for XX01 for the mountain bike. But that's cranks,groupset,chain, derailur and controller. They will release just the derailur and controller by mid summer

Top Bottom