New SRAM AXS released yesterday! Thoughts?

Maybe. Someday. I’m still pretty OK with my out of date 11sp XX1.
If they made the derailleur and shifter compatible with 11 speed, I’d entertain the idea. I do like the no cable look.

Would have been nice if the "old" 11 speed Etap could be reprogrammed with 12 clicks, as I'm sure it could. i'm more interested in the mtb AXS. Hoping the wireless Reverb is a piece of crap. Otherwise I'll need to buy three $800 seatposts for my bikes. Going to have to increase the electric service at my house just to keep everything charged for all my bikes.

Would be really nice if it could fit an existing Eagle setup. Not sure what the difference in cassette, chain, and crank would be. It is crazy expensive though :eek:

Would be really nice if it could fit an existing Eagle setup. Not sure what the difference in cassette, chain, and crank would be. It is crazy expensive though :eek:
pretty sure existing crank, chain, and cassette all work with the new Eagle AXS

i would think 12speed to 12 speed all youd need to change is the derailler and the shifter no? (I honestly have no clue how it could require anything more but im just a design engineer)

edit: apparently the network here is slower than i thought, beat to the punch . . . :|

Can you buy just the RD and shifter? I’d be all over that. Something tells me it’s an all or nothing deal. Al least for now...

Back
Top Bottom