"new" pink blazed trail

crash

Pink Blazes. Starts as a steep downhill from White (517 to Waterloo) trail.

About half way between intersection of White with Purple (cardiac) and White with Green (waving).

It exits the State Park going north about 1/4 mile later and keeps on going....

Where does it end up?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL Robin I will have to look for this pink tomorrow on my triple. It sounds like it goes into church property and maybe it is the churches blazes. I know also that there was approval of a new flow trail but that is hearsay and not fact. If BobW posted here we would have a better understanding about this Pink Blaze.

solorider

2/new cents...

last wk i was returning to white (517) via green and got lost in the unblazed (private property) trails and walked the Pink Uphill. So basically the Pink Downhill should take you to the unblazed private property. If you go right/north you will end in the Green. Take a left and your guess is as good as mine. These are pretty good trails, but the NO Trespassing pops up here and there. I'm still new to this trail system, so i can still plead "no habla".

Headed to Stephens tomorrow for a first timer run. Cuz everyone cares....

crash

the loop of the pink downhill connecting with the white switchbacks up hill makes a nice endpoint addition to a moderate ride that starts at tranquility and incorporates cardiac.

Pink Blazes

Funny how this topic came up! I got out Friday AM before the heavy rains came. Rode in on Green (Wavin') (which was swamped at the entrance). was trying to get the 517 trail toward tranquility and took a wrong turn and ended up on the pink as well. It was mostly double-wide jeep trails and I did see the "no trespass signs" also. ended up back tracking to find my way back to white and enjoyed hitting a single twisty tech. section of white that I haven't come across before, so it was all good!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pink is private property (church) and blazes are an obnoxious spray paint! When you see spray paint you know it ain't legit in Mooch. The Mooch Park system always uses officially supplied blazes. I find it highly intrusive personally.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions