New old timer

DBR axis

New to site, have not ridden in a long time and sliding back into it. Seeing if my fat old body can take the aggressive position of my ride or if I have finally succumb to my less aggressive larger hybrid frame.

Probably cruise around Allaire or try out Wells Mills Park (assuming not all sand)

Anyway, thanks for the ad.
1993 Axis TT XTR

Last edited:
Welcome :) fellow "grown-up".

1993 era bikes would use a quill stem if I'm not mistaken. If you find that you can't take the position, you can always get a replacement stem with a more upright friendly length and angle while you re-acclimate.

Put "Trail Forks" and/or "Maprika" on your phone (both free) so as you venture out, you have a navigation tool available should you get turned around out there.

Last edited:
Not to highjack the tread, but does the “out of shape” title still apply?
Ummm…. yes because someone will always try to sweep and we regroup at intersections.... meaning if you fall behind someone will be there with you.
If the group is on the bigger side, like 10 ppl, we end up naturally splitting out into fast and slow groups. But whatever the case, 1 group or 2 groups, we always huddle up as a whole at an intersection to sing kumbaya.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the welcoming responses. In the future I would like to join you guys somewhere, even if it is to protect the rear flanks.

I will look into a new stem but since the frame is a bit small for me ( used to like a smaller frame for fun) I may just try out some of the newer stuff.

Welcome, and as others have stated 53 is not really that old. At Allaire we have quite a few folk that are well past their 60's and still enjoying the trails, one in particular is in his upper 70's. I'm 57 but am only in my late teens as far as maturity goes, so I will continue to be a knucklehead until my body refuses. Ride on and have fun!!

Appreciate all the welcoming responses. In the future I would like to join you guys somewhere, even if it is to protect the rear flanks.

I will look into a new stem but since the frame is a bit small for me ( used to like a smaller frame for fun) I may just try out some of the newer stuff.

The mountain bike world has changed significantly since 1993, crap, it's changed so much the last 4 years since I started riding. Ask lots of questions, we are here to give to advice good or bad. We'll be coming down to Hartshorne soon, come ride with us.

Back
Top Bottom