New mountain biker

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm going to Cush tonight. I don't expect any issues, but check the conditions thread/widget.

Go on a Monday CR ride to find out about the thursday ride. Thurs is the kind of ride where the group can come apart after the first turn.

Monday has multiple stops, and depends on communication! typical 5:30 is last stop at newmans - 6:00 at the ballfield. 6:30ish at Miller. 8:00 chimney rock inn or @woody's van.
ok, i made the 8:00 stuff up - but it could happen.

Oz Von Toco

Hmmm might have to sneak out of work early then haha. Also is cush/round valley the same place, or two separate places?

Patrick

Staff member
Hmmm might have to sneak out of work early then haha. Also is cush/round valley the same place, or two separate places?

they are divided by a line on a map - or a mountain ridge, but they connect nicely.

RV charges for entry from memorial->labor day. so park in the Cush railroad lot, and do this!

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/the-toughest-trail-climb-in-nj.42329/

openstreet map has the trails on the RV side of the ridge correct.
https://www.strava.com/activities/993199200/

qclabrat

I'm going to Cush tonight. I don't expect any issues, but check the conditions thread/widget.

Go on a Monday CR ride to find out about the thursday ride. Thurs is the kind of ride where the group can come apart after the first turn.

Monday has multiple stops, and depends on communication! typical 5:30 is last stop at newmans - 6:00 at the ballfield. 6:30ish at Miller. 8:00 chimney rock inn or @woody's van.
ok, i made the 8:00 stuff up - but it could happen.

so start on lower white then a climb up yellow
where I'm not finding is the left you make on red, I saw blazed but the occasional red spray paint on trees
any chance to tie some red ribbon to better mark the trails. Red is part of RV correct?
I wish I had my Garmin, but I think I took the worst choice of routes up there.

Patrick

Staff member
so start on lower white then a climb up yellow
where I'm not finding is the left you make on red, I saw blazed but the occasional red spray paint on trees
any chance to tie some red ribbon to better mark the trails. Red is part of RV correct?
I wish I had my Garmin, but I think I took the worst choice of routes up there.

there is a 'red' on the cush side - two ways to get there - either as part of the Z climb, or just make the first right after entering the woods - before the trail
starts climbing straight up, there is a left to stay on yellow, then the right on cush red. the right turn off white is tough to find - so yes, i'll mark it more betterer!

Screenshot 2017-05-31 at 14.34.29.png

Patrick

Staff member
I can't make cush tonight - i can make tomorrow, i think.
Time?

Oz Von Toco

I could probably make it there roughly 6/615 ish if I left straight from work. Just gonna warn despite being in decent shape and ambitious about biking I still just started this spring haha so I don't want to hold you back

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome Oz. You came to the right place. Good group of people here. Lots of great knowledge and advice. Enjoy the ride

Top Bottom