New Member Intro

JohnnyWestood

Hello everyone! Landed here after asking the interwebs what type of bikes people are riding in North Jersey. Just got back in to mtb last summer after being a roadie for 20 years. Used to mtb around the time when front suspension became a thing and all tails were of the hard variety.

Anywho, that’s me and not sure how much useful info I can offer, but I look forward to learning a lot.

These YouTube bike reviews set in Tahoe and Utah while nice, don’t tell me what would work best here. So that’s my main spirit quest right now. It’s a big purchase and I don’t want to screw it up (again).

Looking forward to reading and keeping up with what’s going on around here.

John

Welcome:) are you riding a MTB now and looking to take the next step or starting back up from scratch? A whole lotta improvement suspension wise in the last couple decades... even the wrong bikes gonna feel way better than a 90’s rig.

Welcome.
The only way to screw up is by buying a fatbike, other then that most new bikes are awesome.
That’s what I did! F me!!! It’s beautiful, but not my cup of tea. Got a good deal on it, at least I have that going for me. Going to trade it in on the next one.

Welcome:) are you riding a MTB now and looking to take the next step or starting back up from scratch? A whole lotta improvement suspension wise in the last couple decades... even the wrong bikes gonna feel way better than a 90’s rig.
Well, I know a guy who works at a bike manufacturer, so I got employee pricing on a hardtail (27.5 +) sight unseen. When I took delivery and saw 3.0” tires I was surprised. It was nice and stable to get me going but I had the chance to ride a dream bike out in Tahoe I’m September and now I want squish.

Well, I know a guy who works at a bike manufacturer, so I got employee pricing on a hardtail (27.5 +) sight unseen. When I took delivery and saw 3.0” tires I was surprised. It was nice and stable to get me going but I had the chance to ride a dream bike out in Tahoe I’m September and now I want squish.

Nothing wrong with wanting a FS.... they’re even great on the climbs these days. Unless your gonna travel or do park any of the 130-150’s will be great in this area. You can go bigger if that’s your thing... but it’s unlikely you’ll NEED bigger.

So, what was the dream bike?

Welcome John. Based on the names here I should call myself Ridgewood Vic. Let me know if you would like a tour of High Mountain or Ringwood.

Nothing wrong with wanting a FS.... they’re even great on the climbs these days. Unless your gonna travel or do park any of the 130-150’s will be great in this area. You can go bigger if that’s your thing... but it’s unlikely you’ll NEED bigger.

So, what was the dream bike?
It was an Evil Following. Was great out on those types of trails.

Madison Dan! Like your naming method (assuming you’re from Madison). Beautiful area out there. Either way, nice to be here!
Correct! Opinions around here concerning things like fat bikes, taylor ham/pork roll, 27.5/29 can vary greatly, but in each case, there's only one right answer.

Back
Top Bottom