New Member Intro

iman29

Hey All,

Just joined here finally after stalking the group the past few months so just saying wassup.

Been riding road for the past 10 years, done the GFNJ, HoH and lots of bigger charity rides over time so I am pretty well seasoned intermediate level at this point. I still consider myself new to MTB although I spent last season as an assistant coach with NJ NICA team and got a lot of good training and skills from the league and the kids!

Met some of the guys at my first ever Short track race back in the winter riding my beater bike 2009 Specialized Rockhopper hardtail and had a blast as a newbie. Hope to do that again in the off season and one day upgrade my MTB to a better one when I win the lottery :p

You might find me looking for beginner/intermediate rides once the fall season hits especially at Dickerson or Nassau which are reasonably close to home, or 6MR with some advanced planning. In the meantime my first steps would be to check out some of the cool stuff for sale in the parts bin to keep the beater bike running.

See you around soon.
ian

Hey All,

Just joined here finally after stalking the group the past few months so just saying wassup.

Been riding road for the past 10 years, done the GFNJ, HoH and lots of bigger charity rides over time so I am pretty well seasoned intermediate level at this point. I still consider myself new to MTB although I spent last season as an assistant coach with NJ NICA team and got a lot of good training and skills from the league and the kids!

Met some of the guys at my first ever Short track race back in the winter riding my beater bike 2009 Specialized Rockhopper hardtail and had a blast as a newbie. Hope to do that again in the off season and one day upgrade my MTB to a better one when I win the lottery :p

You might find me looking for beginner/intermediate rides once the fall season hits especially at Dickerson or Nassau which are reasonably close to home, or 6MR with some advanced planning. In the meantime my first steps would be to check out some of the cool stuff for sale in the parts bin to keep the beater bike running.

See you around soon.
ian
welcome, and awesome for being involved with NICA
I try to get other beginners like me out in a group every other week, join us some time

Hello all,

I'm new to MTB as well as biking in general. Been riding for about 3 months now and try to get out e everyday. Looking to ride with a few other nubs in central NJ. I have been doing 6 mile blue and tried Chimney Rock a few times.

Hello all,

I'm new to MTB as well as biking in general. Been riding for about 3 months now and try to get out e everyday. Looking to ride with a few other nubs in central NJ. I have been doing 6 mile blue and tried Chimney Rock a few times.
Welcome welcome! Speaking of Chimney Rock, we have a big group ride there coming up on October 21st. Keep an eye on this thread and the ride specific one once it appears in the Rides, Races and Events section of the forum.

Hello all,

Welcome,
A few other beginners plan to ride Chimney next week, let us know if interested
@Kangdoy @C8N

Welcome,
A few other beginners plan to ride Chimney next week, let us know if interested
@Kangdoy @C8N
I should be good for Sat... but I need to get home by 11:30 so earlier the better.
The kid is training for her black belt in TKD so she is taking extra sessions on Sat for the next month or so.

Back
Top Bottom