New map for Ramapo Reservation

Kaleidopete

That's the "other" Ramapo reservation, not the one we ride bikes in.
Oops, I thought you could ride bike here too, like Bear Swamp rd and into Ringwood State park. From the top of Skyline Drive, by the power line. I guess it's very confusing just where you CAN ride this area. I found this older map that says NO BIKES. It looks like a Bergen County thing, no bikes. It also looks like you can ride as long as you don't cross into BC.
Sorry for the mix up, I just got a new newsletter that showed this new map, so I thought I'd share it. Anyway, now you know where you CAN'T ride. Thanks gtLuke

Last edited:

ksb

Than
Oops, I thought you could ride bike here too, like Bear Swamp rd and into Ringwood State park. From the top of Skyline Drive, by the power line. I guess it's very confusing just where you CAN ride this area. I found this older map that says NO BIKES. It looks like a Bergen County thing, no bikes. It also looks like you can ride as long as you don't cross into BC.
Sorry for the mix up, I just got a new newsletter that showed this new map, so I thought I'd share it. Anyway, now you know where you CAN'T ride. Thanks gtLuke

Thanks for this - I'm going to be over in Mahwah this weekend so was looking on Strava and around and about for places to ride. I had seen a guy's loop from Midvale Mtn Rd up to Bear Swamp on Strava which looked good until I saw this map.
Can anyone recommend a spot around here for a quick 1hr on the mtb accessed generally from the Ramapo Valley Reservation parking area? (I'm doing a workshop at the NY/NJ Trails HQ).
Can I ride up Bear Swamp Rd? Do I just stay out of RVR on the bike? - that seems to correspond most with the map above.

gtluke

The Moped
Than

Thanks for this - I'm going to be over in Mahwah this weekend so was looking on Strava and around and about for places to ride. I had seen a guy's loop from Midvale Mtn Rd up to Bear Swamp on Strava which looked good until I saw this map.
Can anyone recommend a spot around here for a quick 1hr on the mtb accessed generally from the Ramapo Valley Reservation parking area? (I'm doing a workshop at the NY/NJ Trails HQ).
Can I ride up Bear Swamp Rd? Do I just stay out of RVR on the bike? - that seems to correspond most with the map above.

Not that I'm condoning and illegal activity, but I've never heard of anyone ever having an issue when accidentally riding bikes in off limits areas over there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions