NEW JERSEY JUNIOR MOUNTAIN BIKERS take on 6MILE RUN

Christopher barry

IMG_20171221_202006_521.jpg
Let's get together for a awesome mountain bike ride at 6 mile run & have some great red dirt adventures with some awesome Jr MTBers!

This is a intermediate ride at a beginner's pace. There is Rocky, twisty terrain to maneuver over along with small bridges & long narrow bridges.
Rim or disk brakes, along with a bike capable of handling this terrain and ability to handle roots, climbs, and twisty downhill sections are a must! Must have helmet! Kids must be with parent or chaperone. Parent or chaperone must ride with there children!

Will be planning around 14-15 miles with a halfway break away point for anyone that wants to do a shorter distance!

We will meet at 11am at the Jacques Lane lot.
@Matt_ @moose35

Tim

aka sptimmy43
This is really awesome! I hope you guys are still doing this in a year or two when my little guy is skilled enough to tag along.....

Matt_

I Get Jokes
This is really awesome! I hope you guys are still doing this in a year or two when my little guy is skilled enough to tag along.....

Oh we will... my daughter's are 2, 4, and 6 years old and my son JUST turned 8. I'll be in the JR MTB scene for the foreseeable future!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Oh we will... my daughter's are 2, 4, and 6 years old and my son JUST turned 8. I'll be in the JR MTB scene for the foreseeable future!
My son is 5 and he loves riding his bike. Those little legs still need to get a little stronger before I can take him on trails, though.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
My son is 5 and he loves riding his bike. Those little legs still need to get a little stronger before I can take him on trails, though.

Don't underestimate those 5 year olds...

11885638_848882765160315_2837065299688545904_o.jpg
Hilltop 207-1.jpg

And there's nothing saying nj_junior_mtbers can't do a "coaster brake and fruit snacks" ride around the manasquan reservoir (or similar path) for the ultra beginners

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Don't underestimate those 5 year olds...

View attachment 60879View attachment 60880

And there's nothing saying nj_junior_mtbers can't do a "coaster brake and fruit snacks" ride around the manasquan reservoir (or similar path) for the ultra beginners

Those are some inspiring pics.

We’ve done as much as 5 miles on the D&R Canal when he was 4 and still on his 14” wheeled coaster bike but he was pretty gassed after that. Now he’s got a new 20” wheel bike but we’re still building the endurance. I’m hoping to get him over to 6 mile in the spring to try some of the easier trails.

Nothing would motivate him more than other kids on bikes though. The nj_junior_mtbers just might get a new member soon...

Matt_

I Get Jokes

Nothing would motivate him more than other kids on bikes though. The nj_junior_mtbers just might get a new member soon...

That's what it's all about man! Trust me, kids seem to get 4x strength and 10x endurance when within 30ft of another child their age (and they fall asleep at 1000x their normal pace on the ride home afterwards).

The group isn't solely for established riders, it's for striders on up.

Christopher barry

That's what it's all about man! Trust me, kids seem to get 4x strength and 10x endurance when within 30ft of another child their age (and they fall asleep at 1000x their normal pace on the ride home afterwards).

The group isn't solely for established riders, it's for striders on up.
We will have some type of super beginner ride this spring and I can almost guarantee that we can get some of the older kids to come along and give that encouragement!

ilnadi

If y'all are still planning on riding tomorrow, NICA already cancelled their group ride due to (lack of) temperature and they have older kids. Be careful out there!

Top Bottom