New Invasive Species of Tick concentrated in NJ

It’s funny, I keep seeing commercials for bug guys that specialize in tick prevention, and the other day a guy was going door to door in the neighborhood. The first thing out of his mouth was all about ticks.

Talk about feeding off of people’s fears...
They came through my neighborhood in Wyckoff as well.

Pretty much. My father's second wife did her Masters thesis on ticks. They essentially hang out on the ends of grass blades and whatnot with legs out waiting for something to grab onto as it passes. Smooth legs aren't as easy to get a grip on. Plus, if one does get on your legs, it's easier to brush it off.

But I've been shaving my legs for more than half my life at this point. It's just part of the morning routine now and I can't stand it when the hair starts growing back.

Yeah, makes sense especially since they evolved to feed off hairy critters. Me included I guess! I always find them in my shoelaces at Mahlon.

I found ticks latched on my armpit two years ago in shower don't know when its got there and how long it has been latched to my body

Got stung by hornets twice and yet no big issue only a small itchy rash
I guess i'm just lucky didn’t develop any sickness
even recently I found out poison ivy got nothing on me too,

Anyway,so sorry and feel your pain,bother and sister whose effected by this
How unfortunately is,but don't let that deter us from having fun riding bikes in the woods.

There's a difference between ticks and things that cause allergic reactions such as insect stings and poison ivy. I am also fortunate in that bee stings tend to be little more than annoying mosquito bites that hurt a bit more and while I can get a rash from poison ivy, it's rarely that bad.

Lyme disease is a different situation all together. It's carried by the tick, not really caused by the tick. While I suppose it's possible, it's unlikely a person will have a natural immunity.

I found ticks latched on my armpit two years ago in shower don't know when its got there and how long it has been latched to my body

Got stung by hornets twice and yet no big issue only a small itchy rash
I guess i'm just lucky didn’t develop any sickness
even recently I found out poison ivy got nothing on me too,

Anyway,so sorry and feel your pain,bother and sister whose effected by this
How unfortunately is,but don't let that deter us from having fun riding bikes in the woods.
:eek::eek:

it's things like this or things like finding a tick in one's navel that really up the anxiety meter...

Just pulled from shirt...dog tick?

0D42515E-C301-4EF0-90CA-0756E1DF274B.jpeg

I was taking a shower 2 weeks ago after mowing the lawn found one in my hair while showering at the top of my neck. When I do my physical I'm gonna get blood tested. Shit freeked me out it was on me good.

I don't understand why ticks freak people out. I grew up playing in the woods so I've been picking them off for as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom