New Here

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and also relatively new to mountain biking. Just dropping in to say hi.

I grew up with bikes and learned to ride at a fairly young age. I rode everywhere until I turned 16 and started driving. Once in college I rode as a means of transportation again here and there but my bike was stolen and I didn't have a desire to replace it. I spent the last decade or so without a bike. Well, we got our 4 year old son riding his bike with no training wheels last fall and we couldn't keep with him by just walking anymore on our trips to the local park so we got bikes.

I will admit that I picked up a VERY entry level hardtail (GT Aggressor) never intending to ride it on trails. For some reason I got an itch and tried 6 Mile Run this spring and loved it. I work a few minutes from Hartshorne Woods so that has become my go to spot. I even ventured over to Chimney Rock a couple weeks ago and plan on going there again soon. I have been riding 3 or 4 times a week since May and I am having a blast.

So a few hundred miles later I now have a 2018 Giant Anthem 2 (27.5) and a new addiction. I will be lurking around the forum for sure and hopefully riding a bunch.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome!

it is addicting! i predict short track racing in your near (2018) future.....

be sure to come to the mtb festival on 10/1 with family and bikes in tow....

See you monday at Chimney Rock (CR)!

jackx

Welcome @sptimmy43 . getting out on MTB 3-4 times a week is really great and I am sure having a really nice bike like that makes it happen!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When you come north hit me up for a "The Mooches" ride. Get yourself some lights to keep it going. And welcome.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! I frequent Hartshorne and Huber as well...if you see the Orange and Blue say hello! (I usually say it first anyway)

Top Bottom