• 185mm

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 203mm

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I've been looking into getting new brakes for a while now and I think it's finally time. I'm open to suggestions but I'm leaning towards Avid Juicy 7s but I don't know what size rotor to go with. I have 160s on my bike now and I feel they are too small for the kind of riding I do. I could easily go with 185s but wonder if I should just go with 203s even though they are more for downhill riders.

Help me decide.

I just went to order my brakes and they are now backordered. They were in stock yesterday. :(

heythorp said:
I think that is a sign for you to put that money towards a road bike:cool:

LOL, for the money I'm speding on these parts, I could get a road bike.

160 rear, 185 front.This works for me. I've found my juicy's to be a little noisy sometimes, otherwise I like them.

Stan LeCupp said:
160 rear, 185 front.This works for me. I've found my juicy's to be a little noisy sometimes, otherwise I like them.

I was thinking about doing exactly that but I'll probably just go with 185s front and back.

I picked up: 2005 Avid Juicy 7 Disc Brake 185mm for $160.00 each. I'm not really sure what is different between the 05 and 06 but saving $100 each is too much to ignore.

i have 6" rotor front and 5" on back on my Gemini which is my burly bike for the gnarly trails. avid mechs: love 'em.

and after watching someone suffer with no rear brake for 60+ miles (from air trapped in his line) i'll never go hydro on a xc/all mountain rig again. cables can be adjusted in the field, with hydro, unless you can get back to the car and bleed your brakes, you are sol.

Back
Top Bottom