New brakes for my Fat Bike

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Dude I watched the whole thing. Laughed my ass off. Almost want to click his other vids. You pretty much nailed it.

What happen to it, @fidodie to offensive for you. Grab a 30pack and sit through whole clip

i made it through almost 10 minutes. that is 3 bud lights. besides, there was a O.M.D. vid i wanted to watch.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
It’s only 14 minutes long it just starts over again, Pete doesn’t know how to use his video software on his Wii

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It’s only 14 minutes long it just starts over again, Pete doesn’t know how to use his video software on his Wii

it seemed like 10 minutes. well past purchasing all the things he didn't need to fix his soft break.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'd suggest a pair of Levels. (And a mechanic that knows what they're doing) Mine are flawless.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Laughed my ass off...... apparently I’m both a industry whore AND a dildo. Well, it’s nice to be wanted.:cool:

one piece crank

Ok, a clean-up, reset and full bleed later and they do work fine, but it's also no longer 15 degrees outside. I'm pretty sure the Level T's just suck for cold weather, but they are the only ones I've actually used in deep cold. I did check the brake feel of my entire fleet - these SRAM Level T's, SRAM DB5's w/Warranty Guide R Levers, Shimano SLX, and BB7's - in all honesty they all brake fine, including the BB7's, but the hydro lever feel is much firmer.

My budget solution is to keep the Level T's through the Summer and replace them next Fall.

Dajerseyrat

look at the RSCs i was under the impression that the contact point adjustment was adjusting the gap (but i could be mistaken)
I didnt like the RSC's adjustment options. I went with Hope brakes. Very adjustable on the trails with no tools to get that good lever feel.

w_b

Before they were called BB7s, Avid called the first gens BBDBs. I put a pair of unknown pedigree on my current trail bike because they came free with some other parts I got with the frame. I fully expected to hate them and throw on some hydros I had, but after some minor tweakage to get them set up right, they have been flawless. Like, perfect. No maintenance. Nada. Not even pads in like 3 years. Speed Dial levers are nice to haves and pair well with them too.

NOT a fan of the elixirs doe, P’s OS.

one piece crank

Pulling this thread back on the tracks, I’m looking at the new SRAM G2 RSC - slightly upped Guides, with new phenolic pistons and new pad material.

What rotors? SRAM Centerline?

w_b

I did finally put a set of pads on my BBDBs since last time, but otherwise still flawless. 6 bolt Hayes rotors, older than my kids, but also still flawless.

Top Bottom