NEMBAfest or Canaan MTB Fest?

I’m interested in doing one of these this year.NEMBA is in VT And has all the manufacturers demos and swag. Canaan is West Virginia put on by Sue Haywood and seems to be more grassroots and about silliness/low key fun
I’ll probably do whichever one I don’t do this year next year
Does anybody have any experience with both?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow really Cannan is still going. They used coincide the 24 hour of Cannan way back when.

V-Dub

I’m interested in doing one of these this year.NEMBA is in VT And has all the manufacturers demos and swag. Canaan is West Virginia put on by Sue Haywood and seems to be more grassroots and about silliness/low key fun
I’ll probably do whichever one I don’t do this year next year
Does anybody have any experience with both?
Tough call...NEMBA has always been great, tons of people tons of industry people, great trails, cool bike park. Anything Sue is putting together down there will be a hoot. Can't go wrong

Tough call...NEMBA has always been great, tons of people tons of industry people, great trails, cool bike park. Anything Sue is putting together down there will be a hoot. Can't go wrong
Yeah. Sue Haywood was my instructor at the Michaux MTB school last year. She was great, super fun, charismatic etc.
I’m thinking NEMBA might be the call as it seems like it might get too big for its britches before too long so now is the time to go before it gets too overblown Whereas Canaan is going to be low key and less commercial for the duration probably because it’s in rural WV ( think Canaan is in its 7th year so it does seem to have some staying power).

Last edited:

one piece crank

Wow, serious blast from the past! I spent most of the late 80's & early 90's in the WV Series. If you're into cool terrain and MTB culture you cannot go wrong in Canaan - bring a few friends and make a ton of new ones. They even had a Trials event last year! I'm thinking of putting the Hoo-Ha, Yee-Ha and a few WV events on my 2020 calendar...

I think the trials event has been an ongoing thing since its inception. It’s run what you brung and might have a drinking game component to it ie you dab or don’t clear something you have a drink penalty. You also might have to drink if you clean a section too.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I don't miss 26" or rim brakes. We've come a long way.
I still ride my low tech early 90s 26er once a week for cardio. Basically a 35 pound 2.1” tire road bike with a 1” front fork and 7” stem. Wears me out after a couple of hours on easy cross country trails. Amazing how they were able to ride these contraptions in a 24 hour races. The athletism that was required...

one piece crank

I still ride my low tech early 90s 26er once a week for cardio. Basically a 35 pound 2.1” tire road bike with a 1” front fork and 7” stem. Wears me out after a couple of hours on easy cross country trails. Amazing how they were able to ride these contraptions in a 24 hour races. The athletism that was required...

And a bunch of those racers competed on the same bike in Stock-bike Trials!

Top Bottom