Need to raid your parts bin in nnj

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just picked up a bike someone was throwing away. Gonna strip it down and would like to put it together with some clean parts because this thing is pretty cruddy as you can imagine.

Doing this for a friend who wants to spend as little as possible so he can ride with his kids.

Few things I would like for free or cheap as possible.

7spd shifter and rd... Now that I think about it... I can slap on a 8 spd rd I already have so... I only need a shifter.
V brake levers
22.2 handle bar

Last edited:

Mr.Moto

Have:

Pair FR5's
8 sp. shifter - missing indicator and adjustment knob but shifts
Bontrager crowbar that looks like someone tried to half paint.

I think you have my number

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It has a 7 spd freewheel. I am thinking a 8 spd rd will work with a 7 spd shifter.

It's those Wal-Mart type bikes with a quill stem.. maybe it is a 25.4mm...

I am going put on a 36t chainring to make my friend suffer on hills for making me do this for him

Karate Monkey

It has a 7 spd freewheel. I am thinking a 8 spd rd will work with a 7 spd shifter.

It's those Wal-Mart type bikes with a quill stem.. maybe it is a 25.4mm...

I am going put on a 36t chainring to make my friend suffer on hills for making me do this for him

Easy, is the bar one diameter all the way, end to end, or does it bulge at the clamp? If it bulges, it's almost certainly 25.4, if straight, 22.2.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Have:

Pair FR5's
8 sp. shifter - missing indicator and adjustment knob but shifts
Bontrager crowbar that looks like someone tried to half paint.

I think you have my number
Ill take the FR5's! Please hold them for me... Ill contact you when I'll be going to your area!

Thanks!

Mr.Moto

Ill take the FR5's! Please hold them for me... Ill contact you when I'll be going to your area!

Thanks!

Will be riding High Mtn Sunday morning from Reservoir Rd. Have to stop in Wayne after so we might be able to meet up then.

mtbiker87

I have a shifter/v brake lever shimano set up, like brand new, with matching rear mech. Sounds like just what you are looking for. I'm up by Wayway, come pick it up and maybe we can go for a ride.

moose35

Tomorrow? errr... today? I will be riding out of college lot at 7:30

I Have everything you might need
Even tires
Have 7 speed trigger shifters
Derailleurs
7speed freewheel cassettes
Brakes
I might even have the bars
Let me know
I'd love to get rid of all this stuff

I can drop the stuff off today