Need help. One has to go.

jdwalk

Please do not ride Muddy Trails :(

You already decided to keep the XC Bike. :)

Tell your wife that Oleg gave you permission to keep both bikes.

Good Luck- (you are going to need it)

It was frozen in the shade when I started.
You are correct I will sell the MTB. But I will miss riding yellow from Ramapo to Ringwood humming the theme song to Legend of Zelda NES version...

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1) see note above about the wife riding the best bike i am allowed to purchase for her.
B)I was just going to sell the MTB because I tend to beat myself up on a MTB more than doing just about anything else. But then I rode Blauvelt and it was super muddy and fun and smooth and good and I didn't feel bruised at all.
iii)Then there was the massive snow storm and I rode the CX bike in the park and it was glorious. I can't get rid of that one.
IV)this world is not fair and we don't get to have everything we want and if I do sell one of them buy the wife a bike I get to buy a new cx or mtb in a year or two and who doesn't want a new bike?

I race road. Have done MTB races and loved. Wasn't quite able to make it to CX races this season but I think next season I will have a better chance. I ride the cx bike more often currently although there are more miles on the MTB.

1) see note above about the wife riding the best bike i am allowed to purchase for her. That's Awesome!!
B)I was just going to sell the MTB because I tend to beat myself up on a MTB more than doing just about anything else. But then I rode Blauvelt and it was super muddy and fun and smooth and good and I didn't feel bruised at all. That's not awesome. Please don't ride mud, even there.
iii)Then there was the massive snow storm and I rode the CX bike in the park and it was glorious. I can't get rid of that one. Huh?
IV)this world is not fair and we don't get to have everything we want and if I do sell one of them buy the wife a bike I get to buy a new cx or mtb in a year or two and who doesn't want a new bike? #truth

I have the solution to your dilemma.
-Buy wife bike
-List MTB for sale at a price that is WAAAAAY too high.
-Act frustrated that nobody wants to buy it.
-Keep both bikes for now, actually sell one when you're ready to upgrade.
-Don't let her see this thread.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
1) see note above about the wife riding the best bike i am allowed to purchase for her.
B)I was just going to sell the MTB because I tend to beat myself up on a MTB more than doing just about anything else. But then I rode Blauvelt and it was super muddy and fun and smooth and good and I didn't feel bruised at all.
iii)Then there was the massive snow storm and I rode the CX bike in the park and it was glorious. I can't get rid of that one.
IV)this world is not fair and we don't get to have everything we want and if I do sell one of them buy the wife a bike I get to buy a new cx or mtb in a year or two and who doesn't want a new bike?

I race road. Have done MTB races and loved. Wasn't quite able to make it to CX races this season but I think next season I will have a better chance. I ride the cx bike more often currently although there are more miles on the MTB.

Tell your wife to start jogging instead.

jdwalk

1) see note above about the wife riding the best bike i am allowed to purchase for her. That's Awesome!!
B)I was just going to sell the MTB because I tend to beat myself up on a MTB more than doing just about anything else. But then I rode Blauvelt and it was super muddy and fun and smooth and good and I didn't feel bruised at all. That's not awesome. Please don't ride mud, even there.
iii)Then there was the massive snow storm and I rode the CX bike in the park and it was glorious. I can't get rid of that one. Huh?
IV)this world is not fair and we don't get to have everything we want and if I do sell one of them buy the wife a bike I get to buy a new cx or mtb in a year or two and who doesn't want a new bike? #truth

I have the solution to your dilemma.
-Buy wife bike
-List MTB for sale at a price that is WAAAAAY too high.
-Act frustrated that nobody wants to buy it.
-Keep both bikes for now, actually sell one when you're ready to upgrade.
-Don't let her see this thread.

Very good and thanks for the help everyone. Look for my overpriced but undervalued MTB in the classifieds someday soon.

rlb

My wife once asked "what happened to you other bike?" To which I said I didn't have any other bikes. But I should have said it was "in the shop" which technically would have been true, it just wouldn't have been mine yet.

Learn the game!!

walter

Fourth Party
When I upgraded from the Haro Mary to the Salsa El Mariachi, my wife said "I thought you always called that bike Mary, how come it says El Mariachi on it?" Thinking quick I replied "yeah, Mary, short for El Mariachi"

Whew

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife has finally become interested in riding a bike. She won't let me spend too much money on it but she will let me swap out one of my bikes for hers. Now I must decide.
My wife does not ride, lets swap wives and you are good.
But then I rode Blauvelt and it was super muddy and fun and smooth and good and I didn't feel bruised at all.
WTF DUDE!!!

qclabrat

The only good thing about a wife having a more expensive sport than you is that she can never complain about your bike expenditures.
other than polo and sailing, what's more expensive than bikes? Maybe a fancy golf membership...

Top Bottom