Need a file to see route from Ringwood to Sterling trails

huffster

I don't think its possible to do via trail, yet. But, I'm interested to see if somebody knows about something I'm unaware of. So, if you are coming from Shephard's Lake, I would ride out on the closed Shepherd's Lake road. Its closed to thru traffic, but I've never had an issue riding it - other than once seeing a bear cross the road. Once you reach Sterling Mine Rd, you can hitch a little left and cross the road. There is a overgrown trail that connects into Chapel Turn Rd. Follow that to Eagle Valley Rd, turn left. Then follow to S Gate Rd and turn right. Follow past golf course to parking lot across from Buttonwood Rd. Total of about 3 miles from Shephard's Pond to S. Gate lot.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Above mentioned is one way. The other way is go in by Shepherd Lake guard house. There is a trail sign for Ringwood Ramapo (red) by the parking pull off. Follow that double track past the right for RR Red. At the big machine take a right and go down the hill across our new bridge. Follow until you you hook up with white and red again. Then turn off on orange which is new. Take that to state line. Cross Sloatsburg Rd at power line and look for social trail across the street. Cross Long Meadow road and follow eagle Valley to South Gate. There are plans to get that all on dirt, but this could connect you for now.

MuniMan

You can't get to the Sterling trails (Redback/Hutch/Munsee loop) yet without riding on the roads as huffster/pixychick laid, out unless you like to carry your bike. It is highly suggested that you do not try approaching via the part of Redback that hasn't been rebuilt yet from Long Meadow. The old roads in that area are a washed out mess.

Good news is that there are plans to get it into place. Right now the rebuild of the rest of the Redback trail is being actively explored and mapped out.

There is still work to do on Munsee Eagle, that will probably occupy the first half of the 2018 building season. The more volunteers, the faster it can happen. We want to get that wrapped up first.

Dingo

Anyone have a printable file map. I tried to print most are too small or set an error code.

Dingo

Looking for this map, we plan on starting from the school lot.
Problem is either too small or larger ones set error code(?)

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 286

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looking for this map, we plan on starting from the school lot.
Problem is either too small or larger ones set error code(?)

trying to print, or load into gps?

Dingo

Thanks Pat. That printed. Do you have one with the new white connector trail? We want to get up to the lookout on Pierson ridge.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks Pat. That printed. Do you have one with the new white connector trail? We want to get up to the lookout on Pierson ridge.

is that the one marked 'White CO' east of red ? or is it extended.

i'm a ringwood plebe - way too far north for regular visits.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Most those maps do not show trails built in the last 5 years. Just keep that in mind if you notice more trails than shown.

Cannonbill

I would recommend bringing your phone and leveraging the Trailforks app Or website. All trails are there, even the most recently built. On the website you can build a route including all of your desired trails and you can print it or use the app live while you ride. The app has real time navigation so every time you look at your phone it will SHO you exactly where you are.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions