National Trails Day @ WVP/CR Saturday June 4th @ 9am

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another year, another NTD. We will thankfully be hosting at Washington Valley Park (AKA Chimney Rock) again. It's Saturday June 4th @ 9.00am. Meeting at 9am at the Newmans Lane parking lot. The White trail desperately needs some clean up so that's the plan. Might be a good idea to wear some sturdy/hiking boots as we will be walking. Also recommend long pants/sleeves. Bring work gloves if you have some. If not, we have extras for you to borrow. Bug spray might be a good idea but we have some of that too if needed. Tools will be mostly be supplied but bring a hand trimmer if you have 1 or a weed wacker would be helpful.

Paydirt for those interested in that.

Post up if you can make it so we can plan accordingly.

If the TM is canceled due to rain, I'll post the cancellation here or you can call 908-285-3800 that morning.

Hope to see you there.

About National Trails Day:

Since 1993, National Trails Day has been celebrated annually on the first Saturday in June. National Trails Day is focused on specific goals, raising awareness of trails and Trails for All Americans, building partnerships and alliances that work together beyond National Trails Day, and broadening the constituency for trails. This annual event has grown from a handful of grassroots events in 1993 to over 3,000 events across the country.

The unifying idea of National Trails Day is Trails for All Americans; a plan to establish a nationwide network of trails that comes within 15 minutes of every American. These pathways would link together as part of the nation’s infrastructure of greenways, like the interstate highway system.
Through National Trails Day local trail clubs, the outdoor business community, and local, state, and federal government agencies are joining together to make this plan a reality.
The Somerset County Park Commission will be taking part in the celebration in an attempt to improve and maintain our many miles of trails, as well as, to educate people about hiking, biking, and the trails that surround them.
In recognition of National Trails Day, the Park Commission’s Park Ranger Department will be hosting a trail maintenance project at Washington Valley Park, Bridgewater Township. The project is scheduled for Saturday, June 4th, 2015, starting at 9am.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BUMP!!!

Come out and lend a hand. Even if you can only join for an hour or 2, it will be a big help.

qclabrat

I'll be there with my two kids like last year to clear those pesky hookers and slappers on white

qclabrat

There are hookers at CR?
I've been going to the wrong park all this time.
yes, too many, they are always grabbing at your ankles and often leave a scar, which I try to hide from the wife
going to CR in the summer where TM hasn't covered is like the Thailand red light district, stay away or cover up....:rolleyes:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions