National Trails Day Project With JORBA, REI & NYNJTC

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Build your next adventure with REI, JORBA, and the Trail Conference! We're partnering for a National Trails Day® event on Saturday, June 1, to make improvements on the multi-use Crossover Trail at Ringwood State Park in New Jersey. No experience is necessary to join us in having fun and making a difference.

Kaleidopete

Do you happen to know the schedule?
OK, we park in the lot by the lake, and what, walk to the trail area with the tools they bring?
Bring a bike and ride to the trail area?

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Do you happen to know the schedule?
OK, we park in the lot by the lake, and what, walk to the trail area with the tools they bring?
Bring a bike and ride to the trail area?

We'll park in the main lot at Shepherds Lake, let them know at the kiosk you're volunteering, parking will be free. We'll grab tools from Art's van and hike or bike to to site.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
10am start on Saturday at Shepherds Lake. Tools will be provided. Bring your own lunch and water. Wear sturdy shoes. Long pants recommended. The section we are working on is west of Shepherds Lake Rd. The entrance to the trail head is near the toll booth. It is a short walk to the work site. It has been buggy, so be prepared.

Kaleidopete

Nice day out with the trail workers. Started right on time and went until about 3 I think.
I did what I could, but the big work was done by the strong guys & gals. Everyone worked
well together and it was well planned. A lot got done and the trail looks amazing! Free stuff
was handed out by REI and we all had a great time. I always learn some new trail building things
on these outings. Thanks to everyone that came out to help!

Dsc02588.jpg
Dsc02589.jpg
Dsc02592.jpg
Dsc02595.jpg
Dsc02596.jpg
Dsc02597.jpg

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just reporting back that the section started on June 1 is complete. We are moving up the hill to start the final section that will connect us to the trail that goes out of lot A to Shepherds lake rd. Dirty Thursdays and once a month weekend days happening. As always, volunteers are welcome and encouraged to join.

Top Bottom