Nassau Trail conditions

stilluf

Rode Nassau yesterday . Conditions were perfect! We had the trails to ourselves, except for these other unique trail users.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 247

terrabike01

Anyone been to Nassau in the last few days with all the rain we had? Was thinking about taking a ride there this morning. How fast does that place dry out? If I remember correctly, I think that place perks pretty good.

evo456

It drains OK, not as good as I think it does sometimes. It didn't rain too bad yesterday so it might be ok

Molasses

Hey All! Looking to ride tomorrow morning and although I would normally ride 6 Mile Run as I live very, very close to it. I heard it is pretty wet so I wanted to adjust my target ride and am wondering if Nassau is dry or not. Any thoughts?

w_b

Nassau is good to go

like many before me have noted, it's really noticeable when you come upon a place that was actually built and maintained by MTBers. Super fun place, and amazing use of a limited space. First time there last weekend; won't be the last. I went every which way I could, each time I came back to that crossroads near the top of Springside (?) and the third time through I found the trail that winds its way further out and back, very nice work!

Good to hear that my suspicion it will hold up well to rain seems true.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd stay away. Was there this morning and the ground was barely frozen. I'm sure as it's gets in the mid 30's as soon as any sun touches the ground, itll be instant muddy peanut butter.

All I saw was frozen tracks..
IMG_20170114_091511.jpg

Robin

Tried to update on the tab/pull down, but I got an error @soundz

The old trails are in ok shape - mostly because the leaf litter/pine needles are covering the the trails.

The newer side is greasy - freeze/thaw in effect. Avoid that side for a while.

ktmrider

It looked wet yesterday , I'm sure if you park at the top of the field by the bench and stay on spring side it should be ok , I'm sure the switchbacks are wet especially down low

ktmrider

Nassau trail crew was out last night removing downed trees and limbs , Even broke out the tooth brush to remove-all the dust / debris from the turns , it's fast go get some

pkovo

Pretty crummy today. Upper side of Nassau...Rocky Run and ridge trail were good, everywhere else I checked was soft. Expected (hoped) it would be better.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions