Nassau Trail conditions

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really good today. A bit of mud at the bottom of spring side, but as long as you go slow and don't make a big rut it's fine. Everywhere else was perfect.

Joseph OA

Wanted to post a literal heads up, rode yesterday 4/11 and there's a downed tree at head level on the Compeina(sp) trail. It's at the exit of a turn in the downhill direction and it nearly took me. Stacked a couple logs before the turn to at least take speed down / mark it but should probably get cut by somebody with a chainsaw. Thanks~

Rdoonz

Is there an updated trail map with all the new trails?

Here is the link to the map I used to find my way around today and it covers everything, although it appeared that there were a few new trails being cut on the east side of the park.

http://highbridge.org/government/environmental-commission/youth-initiatives/nassau-trail/

I rode there today for the second time, though it felt like my first time there. (I rode Nassau once a couple of years ago when they first opened the trail) I work in Bridgewater and the weather was awesome today so I decided to take the ride to Nassau to try something different.

I ride 6 Mile most of the time, because it is close to home, but this place was AWESOME! A decent flow and enough climbing to keep it interesting without being too challenging. I also met this cool dude named JT and we rode together for about 7 mile before we parted ways. I will definitely be putting Nassau in the rotation of trails I ride. Kudos to the person(s) who put together this trail system!

k-drive

Rode here with a bud on Saturday. We were both thoroughly impressed with the new trail construction and had a bunch of questions.

Is this all being accomplished by a contractor? Are they specialized trail-builders? (how sweet of a job must that be)
What monies are they using to create the new trail?

But either way, whoever's responsible; the flow is great, there are some awesome upcoming features and existing that are properly made.

IMG_20160423_154725502.jpg

ktmrider

Nassau trail crew is doing all the work , thatcher Simpson is responsible for all the equipment & trail work . Jeff Oliver is the man who created this . Who really digs by hand anymore :) wait till its completed .

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nassau trail crew is doing all the work , thatcher Simpson is responsible for all the equipment & trail work . Who really digs by hand anymore :) wait till its completed .

I rode the new stuff yesterday. It crazy how much was added and how pristine it is. Spring side seems like it doubled in size. Thatcher has some serious skills.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode the new stuff yesterday. It crazy how much was added and how pristine it is. Spring side seems like it doubled in size. Thatcher has some serious skills.

Was that new trail done? Saturday when we were there it was 3/4 done, then it just kinda stopped and was, let's say, "raw".

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nassau trail crew is doing all the work , thatcher Simpson is responsible for all the equipment & trail work . Jeff Oliver is the man who created this . Who really digs by hand anymore :) wait till its completed .
Many of the parks will not allow any mechanized equipment to be used by volunteers. Even if they did, you have to have the equipment & you need experienced operators, which thankfully Thatcher has both. That being said I'd take the hand built trail at Ringwood to the machine built stuff at Nassua any day but thats just me. :D

ktmrider

Many of the parks will not allow any mechanized equipment to be used by volunteers. Even if they did, you have to have the equipment & you need experienced operators, which thankfully Thatcher has both. That being said I'd take the hand built trail at Ringwood to the machine built stuff at Nassua any day but thats just me. :D
It's was a joke bro , too much coffee this am ?
And how can you compare ring wood to Nassau ? Really

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions