Nassau Trail conditions

Dingo

First ride there today. Trails are in awesome condition.
WOW is this place fun, definitely will go back and learn the route.
A lot of work and thought went into building them. The switchbacks on the side opposite parking are a mtn bikers dream.
We did 8.5 miles, don't think we missed much, hope it can be expanded or linked to other trails.

2 thumbs up to those that built it!!

ktmrider

Rode Nassau yesterday , we spent half of our time shutting down all the cheater "strava" lines on all the turns . The turns are there for part of the challenge of the system please stop cutting the corners & ride the trail like it was designed .

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode Nassau yesterday , we spent half of our time shutting down all the cheater "strava" lines on all the turns . The turns are there for part of the challenge of the system please stop cutting the corners & ride the trail like it was designed .

I never noticed any cheater lines there. God knows I would have taken them. ;)

Jeffreywoliver

Yes, several of the turns have been widened or even altered to make it looser and faster. This was done without permission. The trails were built with a specific intent to have nice flow and also to be sustainable. The folks "officially" working on this trail have had to jump thru many hoops to get permission to build them. It's been a four year process and we now have a lot of great trails. Don't ruin them by altering the work that was done. Four people have been approved to lead work at Nassau - Thatcher S., Paul M., Mike B. And myself. We have many great volunteers, too many to name, without whose assistance the trails would not have come to be. Please don't wreck the work that has been done by altering trails or building rogue trails. We have won a county planning award for this work and have many local supporters, but don't think for a second that there aren't some that are opposed to the trails who would use the idea that we are "cutting up the woods" to undermine our efforts. To close on a bright note, we have applied for a statewide grant, and I think we will get it, that will allow us to continue to develop these trails for us all to enjoy.

Last edited:

phillychris498

Went today and saw some of the cut throughs... I wasnt looking ahead at one point and took one on accident. As for the conditions today, all is well except for one tree that is down on flat lands (trail on the lower side). It has been there for at least two weeks.

pkovo

Nassau either drained well, or just soaked up the rain after a dry summer. Trails were in good shape. Hard and tacky. Some slick leaves, but otherwise not bad at all.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there this morning on my Cross bike and it was good to go.

WinTaper

Was thinking of checking this place out. Is it well marked? Anybody have trail maps? Where is it best to park?
Thanks...
-Dan

phillychris498

Was thinking of checking this place out. Is it well marked? Anybody have trail maps? Where is it best to park?
Thanks...
-Dan
none of the trails are marked, but the system is pretty easy to follow. no matter what you'll always be 5 minutes away from the car. there is a trail map at the lower kiosk on Nassau road. have fun!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking about heading down there for the first time on Saturday morning. My wife has a horse show nearby, so I'll probably hit it on the way. I'll post up a time once I know in case anyone wants to join me.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Seriously need to emphasize how sweet it is to ride with no leaves on the trail. The trail is super tacky from the recent rain.

I would make this the destination today

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking about heading up this weekend...any thoughts on conditions? And major changes since last report?

Thanks

Brian

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions