Nassau Trail conditions

qclabrat

Great conditions if not a bit dry, I can see the recent reroutes make a lot of sense. Does Nassau dry out quick after a day or two of rain?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great conditions if not a bit dry, I can see the recent reroutes make a lot of sense. Does Nassau dry out quick after a day or two of rain?

Yes, trails were so well built the water will just fun right off. Would take a good soaking to get them in bad shape.

phillychris498

It was perfect out there today. Even with the downpour were had, there was not a single puddle.

Nassau is so perfectly designed to be able to take a rain and be ready to go the next day. it was probably better today than before the rain (it was dusty on Friday)

GMan

Hey guys, so would Nassau need another day or two to dry out after the deluge or would it be good to go this evening? I can see how it would drain a lot better than 6MR, but still it seems like we got a lot of rain the last couple days. Itching to ride some trails tonight.

GMan

Thanks QC. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it out there yet. Guessing it's good to go for for the weekend, but I'll let someone else be the judge of that.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's up with all the old trails being reopened?

ktmrider

I believe there was a historical walk over the weekend and thatcher and crew made sure the old trails from back in the day were good to go for the walk .

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This place was almost perfect today. A few puddles, but otherwise awesome. When I rode home it looked like it poured outside the woods, but I couldn't even tell in the trees.

Molasses

Hi all- thinking of trying to ride Nassau this afternoon. I am not even stepping onto the parking lot of Six Mile until Sat at the earliest and just want to get the perspective of those that know Highbridge well. Is it good to go or still wet. Happy not to ride if conditions are poor but itching to get some trail time.

phillychris498

Rode Nassau today for the first time in a long time, and was happy to see 5 cars in the bottom parking lot and another 5 cars at the upper parking lot. this place just gets bigger and bigger! the trails were great the day after a rain, wet only in the normally wet spots.

Molasses

Got a ride in after my daughter's swim meet- love this place! Dumb question- is there a newer, extended loop to the springside section? I normally ride that loop clockwise and I noticed a trail off to the left that did not look quite as ridden in- I assumed it just led to someone's backyard but seemed like it was trailing into a ravine and I saw a few yellow arrow markers when I turned around. On the map at the trail
Head it seems like it might be where loop 2 is identified. I am thinking I am inadvertantly cutting a nice section of trail out.

phillychris498

Got a ride in after my daughter's swim meet- love this place! Dumb question- is there a newer, extended loop to the springside section? I normally ride that loop clockwise and I noticed a trail off to the left that did not look quite as ridden in- I assumed it just led to someone's backyard but seemed like it was trailing into a ravine and I saw a few yellow arrow markers when I turned around. On the map at the trail
Head it seems like it might be where loop 2 is identified. I am thinking I am inadvertantly cutting a nice section of trail out.
as of now, that trail is unfinished. it's a sweet downhill to the ravine, but the trail just ends and you have to ride back up it in the exact direction. it has promise though...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions