Nassau Trail 2012 Worskschedule - High Bridge NJ

Jeffreywoliver

Hi everybody,

attached is out 2012 workschedule. In short our tentative schedule is Wed 6pm-dark and Sat 9am-1pm. We will have a fixed schedule to keep this project moving forward with a goal to complete 4-5 miles by end of Summer. We need your help!!!

For those of you interested, we are a JORBA project and do offer Pay Dirt verification.

Hoping to have a MTB races in the Fall or Spring of next year.:hmmm:

Attachments

• Nassau Trail 2012 Workschedule.pdf
    367.1 KB · Views: 35
awesome!!!!

I didn't see a start date - tomorrow? (weather permitting of course)

Schedule starting tomorrow at 6pm. ALWAYS CALL AHEAD TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE!! (Because we all have life events to schedule around) Our contact information is on the flyer.

A piece of (hopefully helpful) advice.

Instead of having people call ahead, just post it here. You probably have Jeremy's cell number and I can give you mine. If you're going to cancel, either post up or let 1 of us know and we can post it for you. I think you're going to get more participation that way.

Are you saying that you still need to confirm for tomorrow? Maybe give a time. Say, confirm (or cancel) by noon every Wednesday. Or set some time so people know.

I'd like to try to turn 1 of these into a social gathering with a Stan's demo like I mentioned to you. I think we can likely get 50 people out to the trails. Getting people there is the first big step. I'd like to try and help with that. Plus, Jeremy owes me a Stan's demo :)

I will definitely be at the trail head at 6pm tomorrow (3/28) and will post to MTBNJ.com to confirm scheduled. workdays. Right now we are re-mapping and roughing in some new sections.

Nassau Trail work tomorrow (3/30) @ 9am. Trail marking and clearing. If it is wet we will work. If raining, I'll give it a go later. Probably going to make Sundays our fixed weekend day. I want to do some racing and think I can get some more help that day.

Need a big group of people (I have tools for 6-8 at least) to help remove the organic layer on some freshly cut trail on Sun 4/15 from 9-1pm. Meet at corner of Highland Ave and Nassau Rd in High Bridge NJ.

Sunday is Easter. Not thinking you'll get much of a turnout for that date.

My bad, missed the date. Cadbury is sponsoring the Paydirt program? Score!

Yes, April 15 is week after Easter.

I will touch base with Paydirt coordinater (Ellen White) in advance to make sure I have the pay dirt process down in advance. Also, we can finish the day with a MTB tour of the greenspace in the vicinity, so that I can psych people up about the future possibilities here. I am off next week and will be roughing and marking, so that we can lay down some serious trail on 4/15. If you want to join me call number on the trail maintenance schedule posted.

I have tools for 8-10 people, but it doesn't hurt to bring ground clearing equipment if you have it; particularly McLoeds and pulaskis (mark your tools clearly).

I will be marking and clearing today (4/11) at 6pm the Nassau Trail. If you want to join today and/or especially Sunday (4/15) I could use the help.

Working this Sunday (4/22) and next Sunday (4/29) from 9-1pm. We are in an area that doesn't really require a ton of digging, hence we can make a lot of progress with a good turn out.

Give me a call or email if you want to come out and build some new trails.

We had 10 volunteers help us to bench cut a new section on Unday. You can see some pictures at Facebook>High Bridge Hill Toppers Bicycle Club / Nassau Trail.

We've made some awesome progress in the last two weeks. We've already got enough trail for some sweet short track racing! Maybe late Summer? But we REALLY need your help! please come join us on Sunday 4/29 from 9-1pm. Let's knock this shit out! You dig?

Last edited:
We've made some awesome progress in the last two weeks. We've already got enough trail for some sweet short track racing! Maybe late Summer? But we REALLY need your help! please come join us on Sunday 4/19 from 9-1pm. Let's knock this shit out! You dig?

Do you mean Sunday 4/29?

directions? address? am I missing the bleedin' obvious? TM on a Saturday is soooo much better for the ***** and I than Sundays.
where is this "trail system"?

Parking is on Nassau Rd near the Corner of Nassau and Highland Avenue in High Bridge, NJ. It's greenspace, but you can find the Nassau Trailhead via MapQuest using 88 Nassau Road High Bridge, NJ

Last edited:
Trail work day at Nassau Trail in High Bridge on 5/20 from 8-1pm. Removing the organic layer on newly cleared trail. With a good 5-8 people, we can lay down a good 1/4 mile or so.

Jeff
908-938-3386

Back
Top Bottom