N+1: I can't make up my mind

qclabrat

you're an early bird, for me, nothing more relaxing than a 45 min drive on the weekends to get to the trailhead by the crack of dawn. Ride for 2-3 hrs. In the summer, you have time to pick up bagels on the way home for brownie points or take the wife out for brunch. One thing good about a second hand bike is if you resale at the end of the season, its not as painful. BTW, are you still planning for a SS? could be tough up north

The Squirrel

I am an early bird, but I have to start taking back my weekends. It's been a bad year for me physically, so I haven't been on my road bike much and I've let other things invade my early "me" time.

I do have my eye on the SS, but the original plan was to head down to places like Allaire or 6MR until I can get 1x set-up and then start tackling North Jersey. This is where the questions really started for me. It seems to me, that many of the people on this board live right in the belly of most of the NJ trails and put in a lot of rides. I wanted to understand if this was going to be like owning a boat and living nowhere near water. People do it; they just don't get out on the boat often.

Starting used will allow me to beat the crap out of it while I hone my skills. I mean, If I don't hit a tree or two each ride I'm not trying hard enough, right?

olegbabich

billy.jpg

mustclime

None that I know of. there's the boy scout camp in Alpine, which I'd bet is at least 20 miles. But from what I understand is sort of trespassing to ride there. Looking at singletracks, there is Mills, Hilltop, and High Mountain, but they're hardly riding distance.

What I get now is that most people just travel for dirt. I'm going to have to carve out the drive time to get me some.
Hey, I live in westwood nj. I live 5 miles from the scout camp/Rockly trails. I ride there 1-3 times a week depending on weather. There are not issues riding there. You ever need a slow(read fat bike) tour of the place, let me know. You need an address for gps, use 60 Anderson ave Closter nj....

qclabrat

is mtbing allowed at the Eagle Rock Reservation? it's on Singletracks but I've never been
Might be a good close place to start short loops

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
is mtbing allowed at the Eagle Rock Reservation? it's on Singletracks but I've never been
Might be a good close place to start short loops
Not allowed but locals ride there plenty . Just be smart about it ,if it's a beautiful Sat afternoon then ride elsewhere but through the week especially at night usually no problem , convenient parking at bowling alley across the street

The Squirrel

Hey, I live in westwood nj. I live 5 miles from the scout camp/Rockly trails. I ride there 1-3 times a week depending on weather. There are not issues riding there. You ever need a slow(read fat bike) tour of the place, let me know. You need an address for gps, use 60 Anderson ave Closter nj....

I will try to take you up on your offer, thanks. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom