My @ss hurts....

mstyer

You're darn right I'm that guy, and there's quite a few more like me on this board. It ticks me off when I read stories about an online retailer selling an XTR brake for $145 when a dealer can't buy it wholesale for less than $155. The problem is that that online retailer won't install it for you, make a free adjustment when you screw something up, or put hours upon hours into maintaining the trails that you use that $145 brake on. Clothing is no different.

mstyer

And one more thing, that online retailer isn't going to offer to look at your position on the bike, and be able to tell you that it's your saddle tilt or bar width, etc, that's causing your discomfort and not the shorts that they're more than willing to toss in a UPS box for you.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For stuff that touches my ass or hands, I like to purchase from REI. You'll pay more for it, but you can return it even after you wear it, assuming you pay $20 for the lifetime membership.

Lorenzo

Thanks, guys. I may stop by Halter to see what they have. I bought my bike there (my shameless plug for supporting local) and they seem like good dudes.

mstyler: I think you need to be hugged more often.... too much anger...lol

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
*sigh* you're THAT guy....okay...duly noted, sir

I get the online thing, I really do. But, there's ALLWAYS a but...

You started this with being in pain. Online is not going to help you with that.

Yes, you can keep what you ride and just add gears... But are you sure it's not that your riding position has been slowly changing over time?

Just a thought.

BTW, you can sometimes get a killer deal on shop floor and /or overstock bikes at the LBS.....and they stand behind them.

There's value in that as well,

2c-

Good luck either way. :)

Last edited:

Jerzeejoe

I second halters!! Always willing to take the time to help you out. Online may be a lil cheaper but in the long run your lbs is the way to go

njmark

Professional Cyclist
This thread started out well, I was hoping for the digital battle royal to continue, don't stop yelling at people now, it was just starting to get interesting.

rlb

I will use any chance I get to re-post this gem found by @rick81721

262.gif

ktmrider

wonder how many shop online and how many go to an LBS , I was un aware that the shops will install and do adjustments because you purchased it from them , thats a good deal . How do you know which shops work on trail because THAT is something that should be recognized and fully supported.

Lorenzo

This thread started out well, I was hoping for the digital battle royal to continue, don't stop yelling at people now, it was just starting to get interesting.
I'm a veteran in the art of Internet banter. I just didn't feel like playing today :)

Top Bottom