My path to en"light"enment

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
you pinned on a number. too many people start with I can't. and never get anywhere.
Got a feeling you drilled the fire road, and that put you in a deficit that wasn't recoverable.
Dictated how the rest of the ride went. #learning

we'll go up and pre-ride the cat 3 at mooch when it's ready.

jklett

you pinned on a number. too many people start with I can't. and never get anywhere.
Got a feeling you drilled the fire road, and that put you in a deficit that wasn't recoverable.
Dictated how the rest of the ride went. #learning

we'll go up and pre-ride the cat 3 at mooch when it's ready.
Funny enough, I honestly feel that if it was dry that I could have at least finished the whole thing. I probably still would have placed DFL but that would have been better than DNF. I was feeling stronger on the second lap until I went down and I just gave up after the second time on the ground and soft pedaled to the line stopping to let the faster racers through.

I'd love to pre-ride the course, let me know and I'll try to make arrangements to go. Thanks for the invite. I have to get back to Cushetunk soon and work on some things.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Funny enough, I honestly feel that if it was dry that I could have at least finished the whole thing. I probably still would have placed DFL but that would have been better than DNF. I was feeling stronger on the second lap until I went down and I just gave up after the second time on the ground and soft pedaled to the line stopping to let the faster racers through.

I'd love to pre-ride the course, let me know and I'll try to make arrangements to go. Thanks for the invite. I have to get back to Cushetunk soon and work on some things.
I think I might have been one of the reasons why you DNF... thinking you saw me on the sideline and thought, let me join Paul. He looks comfortable there.
I'm such a bad influence!

qclabrat

your bike handling is pretty good so I'm surprised you fell twice. I've only seen you fall trying stupid shit, but that's alright. When you are gassed even the easiest lines feel like you're riding drunk. Were you coming around turns too hot or braking too hard? Adrenaline tends to screw up my timing, even on social rides I tend start slow to get the nerves out.

Mtbdog

your bike handling is pretty good so I'm surprised you fell twice. I've only seen you fall trying stupid shit, but that's alright. When you are gassed even the easiest lines feel like you're riding drunk. Were you coming around turns too hot or braking too hard? Adrenaline tends to screw up my timing, even on social rides I tend start slow to get the nerves out.
Walt this place was slicker than a snake oil salesmen. I went otb on a straightaway. Falling was par for the course, traction was at a premium.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yep... Frank is right. I am surprise more ppl didn't take a swim in the mud. MTBNJ did a fantastic job on the course but the rain fucked it all up.
Not to mention, Beginner group went last so the trail was muddier than what others have described in the recap thread.

Mtbdog

The thing is you can't ride muddy trails so it's impossible to know how to set up your bike for the conditions.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ok....general question, how the fuck do you (general you, not you you) DNF short track? It’s a lap race! All you need to do is one! Now DFL I understand all too well. I’ve only had one DNF and it still irks me.

jklett

Ok....general question, how the fuck do you (general you, not you you) DNF short track? It’s a lap race! All you need to do is one! Now DFL I understand all too well. I’ve only had one DNF and it still irks me.
I only did two laps and everyone else did 4(except for Paul).

Top Bottom