My path to en"light"enment

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
will get back to a regular exercise routine and a healthier diet and of course ride my bike as often as I can.
Diets don't work. Exercise routines fade away. I'm gonna say you need to re invent yourself and live a different lifestyle, leave the old you behind. Ride bikes, walk, drink water, do yoga, explore interests. That's all I got grass hopper.

Johnny Utah

Diets don't work. Exercise routines fade away. I'm gonna say you need to re invent yourself and live a different lifestyle, leave the old you behind. Ride bikes, walk, drink water, do yoga, explore interests. That's all I got grass hopper.

This. Get on MyFitnessPal in the beginning. I see many people who start to ride a lot and treat themselves after the ride, unfortunately the treat is more calories than what was spent.

Reinvent yourself and leave your comfort zone.

jklett

Maybe you both should do an activity tracker competition for motivation of each other who over does the most miles on strava or something
That's not a bad idea. I'm really only competing with myself but if it helps motivate Max, I'll play. I ain't running yet though, I have to build myself up to that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm in, any other OOS'r want to join the Strava run challenge? Now till Thanksgiving total mileage no times. Starts on MONDAY

total time would provide a natural "handicap" method, and account for different course conditions (ie trail would be slower than road or track)

jklett

I'm going to try my best to do the run thing, I'll keep it going as long as my knee holds up. It starts acting up, I'll have to back out of the running thing though. I haven't run more than a minute or two since high school so this should be interesting.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-12-24-48-pm.png

jklett

Update

I tried a little running yesterday and today. I can only run for a little bit then I have to walk to catch my breath. I figure if my joints hold up to it then I should be able to increase the running time and decrease the walking time as I go. I am not enjoying it but I'm going to continue as long as it doesn't hurt my riding.

Another thing I've learned, don't do 2 days in a row weight training the same muscle groups by accident. I misread the sheet and wound up so sore over the weekend that I could barely straighten my arms. They're a good bit better today but I'll be staying away from the weights for another day or two.

Anyhow, it's only the beginning so I figure it should get better from here.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Update

I tried a little running yesterday and today. I can only run for a little bit then I have to walk to catch my breath. I figure if my joints hold up to it then I should be able to increase the running time and decrease the walking time as I go. I am not enjoying it but I'm going to continue as long as it doesn't hurt my riding.

Another thing I've learned, don't do 2 days in a row weight training the same muscle groups by accident. I misread the sheet and wound up so sore over the weekend that I could barely straighten my arms. They're a good bit better today but I'll be staying away from the weights for another day or two.

Anyhow, it's only the beginning so I figure it should get better from here.
Show off

Top Bottom