My first FS/SS problems, help me locate some Trek parts.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Ok, I love my FS/SS bike however , after yesterday's race at the Erie 80 I am questioning things. It worked flawlessly but once I got home I realized it broke the nut and bolt head off of thew lower through the frame pivit bolt. My Trek store looked up the parts #524419 or 542586 and both parts are out of stock with no lead time available from Trek. How does this happen? It's a 2017 model which uses the same parts as a 2018 model. Are they saying that if you break a frame part you are SOL? Does anyone here have better access to these parts? I found them online in Germany but...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Welcome to the wonderful world of FS bikes. Parts are discontinued before the bikes even hit the shelves...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s pretty nuts you can’t find replacement parts.

That’s one of the reasons I bought my Turner. They still have hardware for sale for bikes from 10 years ago. Maybe an exaggeration.

Last edited:

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just order it from Germany.
I had a similar problem with my fox fork on the 429sl.
2016 fox factory 32 there are no CTD levers available in the country.
I removed the lockout remote lever.
Fox will not sell to the public anymore as there is a order minimum.
The only place that had it was in Germany 32 for the kit 28 to ship. It was here in week.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im surprised noone has suggested $20 and a book of matches yet . . .

call bicycle tech in lincoln park, they have always been able to get me what i need.
973-694-6775

jnos

Sounds like replacement warranty. Seems as if they don’t want frame pivot bolts replaced by anyone. Submit for frame replacement.
Absolutely. Does Trek not account for services parts in their contract with suppliers? If they can't plan for service parts, they owe you a new frame.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
That’s pretty nuts you can’t find replacement parts.

That’s one of the reasons I bought my Turner. They still have hardware for sale for bikes from 10 years ago. Maybe an exaggeration.

Best customer service ever. You call them up, 9x out of 10 you talk to Dave, bullshit with him for 20min, your stuff is sent to you the next day.

RobW

Absolutely. Does Trek not account for services parts in their contract with suppliers? If they can't plan for service parts, they owe you a new frame.
Either they don’t want to service them or all of the parts are still on the trek race team truck..

ElPablo

Ok, I love my FS/SS bike however , after yesterday's race at the Erie 80 I am questioning things. It worked flawlessly but once I got home I realized it broke the nut and bolt head off of thew lower through the frame pivit bolt. My Trek store looked up the parts #524419 or 542586 and both parts are out of stock with no lead time available from Trek. How does this happen? It's a 2017 model which uses the same parts as a 2018 model. Are they saying that if you break a frame part you are SOL? Does anyone here have better access to these parts? I found them online in Germany but...

My 2017 Fuel Ex shock needs to be repaired under warranty - it knocks - a known issue - upgraded fox internals. I told Trek i would buy the new ThruShaft version while they repair mine so I could have a spare. Trek replied we don’t have any extras to sell.

#TrekFail

RobW

Might as well go crash it and send them the bill along with a letter from your lawyer

Edit: kidding!!!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Scott f om TBSM called them up. No parts listed as available but the Trek dude “has one on his desk and is sending it right out”. Hmmm. TrekTop Fuel RSL XL for sale.

Top Bottom