Music

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
Honestly, I never listened to them, however after playing 5 minutes of them on Spotify I can say I'm not a NMH guy;)
As my better half says to me: "that really bad LoFi stuff you listen to"

Parquet Courts was a hit at home, though. And I listened to the album in the car today; "Total Football" is an earworm.

rick81721

Lothar
Ok, so 2018 is over and everyone is telling you what the best albums where last year. Music is so subjective, I honestly don't know how they come up with this shit. Well anyway, let me tell you what you should check out.:)
If you grew up around NJ, this band will sound familiar. The first time I heard their music I was like damn, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, Ramones, Modern Lovers, LCD Soundsystem, Pavement, the Godfathers... If you dislike these bands, go no further. If you do like, then go to Step 2.

View attachment 84851

Step 2; Sounds like something you've heard before but can't wait to hear again.

Thanks for the "go no further" option. That was it for me ?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In @pooriggy style, check out these mofos. Nothing plugged in, all around 1 mic. Just huge. (song starts 2:00 in)

Nice, I saw Chris Thile a few months ago with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive on his Radio variety show, Live from Here at Town Hall. Great musician and very entertaining.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Here's a band that always reaches musically, bringing something unique to the listener.
These folks are on my list to go see this year.
Dirty Projectors

In @pooriggy style, check out these mofos. Nothing plugged in, all around 1 mic. Just huge. (song starts 2:00 in)

weekend mornings WEQX music. much like.

it feels like the transition from rest into the busy life we all live.

The Kalmyk

This is for @pooriggy . As much as i know you like music, I thought I’d introduce these guys to you- that is unless you know them already. I was lucky enough to catch the 2 or 3 years back in DC. Let me know if you think they are tight or loose!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is for @pooriggy . As much as i know you like music, I thought I’d introduce these guys to you- that is unless you know them already. I
R u trippen on cbd bruh? Check out post #1875. They on my radar, I missed them in Brooklyn last year, if they local again I will not miss. I'll keep u posted;)

The Kalmyk

R u trippen on cbd bruh? Check out post #1875. They on my radar, I missed them in Brooklyn last year, if they local again I will not miss. I'll keep u posted;)

Lol. My bad. I forgot who I was dealing with:p.

Next then...

Hit up Mandolin Orange February 6th in Philly. You’re welcome ;)

Top Bottom