Music

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Radio tells me AoxomoxoA is turning 50 this year.
cd_aoxomoxoa_grateful-dead_itemimage.png

In honor of this, enjoy the outtakes:
https://archive.org/details/gd69-xx-xx.sbd.dodd.16760.sbeok.shnf

Or the album:
https://archive.org/details/cd_aoxomoxoa_grateful-dead
Next time jam band section, cuz I am only one who post there :)

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if we need to start a “What Music Are You Listening To Now?” thread, so I’ll post here.

Finally cracking into the stack of platters I got from @TimBay
05589379-BC98-4DFE-8412-04FBC2E05529.jpeg
Digging it hard.
Let me know when you want to get rid of the rest of your collection.... ;)

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Crossposted because you need this in your life.
Your welcomed.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
New Opeth out. Some creepy prog just in time for Halloween

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Preservation Hall Jazz Band

These guys jumped on my radar when I saw them at Sea Hear Now in 2018. I couldn't buy tickets fast enough for Mary and I when I saw they had a date at the Count Basie in Red Bank. This is great hassle free way to see a show and not spend a lot of money. Getting in and out of Manhattan is expensive and arduous given train schedules or traffic and parking.

The show was outstanding. The beauty of it was how much the musicians loved what they where doing, conveyed that emotion to the audience and the reaction of the audience. I've seen great musicians on stage with little presence, these guys where huge, animated and had an infectious hold on people to get up and move...which, in a theater with seats occupied by people 50 yrs old and up is no easy task.

If your antenna is tuned into horns, jazz, Latin music, great musicians, then this is a must see band. O

IMG_20191023_215351.jpg

MVIMG_20191023_205008.jpg

IMG_20191023_210951.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

These guys jumped on my radar when I saw them at Sea Hear Now in 2018. I couldn't buy tickets fast enough for Mary and I when I saw they had a date at the Count Basie in Red Bank. This is great hassle free way to see a show and not spend a lot of money. Getting in and out of Manhattan is expensive and arduous given train schedules or traffic and parking.

The show was outstanding. The beauty of it was how much the musicians loved what they where doing, conveyed that emotion to the audience and the reaction of the audience. I've seen great musicians on stage with little presence, these guys where huge, animated and had an infectious hold on people to get up and move...which, in a theater with seats occupied by people 50 yrs old and up is no easy task.

If your antenna is tuned into horns, jazz, Latin music, great musicians, then this is a must see band. O

View attachment 108891

View attachment 108892

View attachment 108893
You and Mary need to come with us on my birthday 11/21 to check out lettuce!

MuniMan

View attachment 108892

View attachment 108893

I saw them at the Ridgefield Playhouse on Tuesday night. Awsome show. Second time that I have seen them. Your take on the smaller venues is exactly the same as mine. The Ridgefield Playhouse is an old high school auditorium with about 550 seats. About an hour from northern Bergen county, free parking, Its easier than driving into Manhattan.

I snagged the set list from the Sax player. He stepped on it.

IMG_4502[1].JPG

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MuniMan
Saint James & Head Up where incredible.
I loved the trombone player.

I can't imagine the craze of hearing music like this live in some backwood juke joint back in the day.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tonight’s playlist
CC6025F3-A33F-42EE-8F13-3603F8885D83.jpeg

D399A89A-0745-4D9B-A2AD-4956FB7C31DE.jpeg

C97AEA2D-0FC2-4299-8298-6B7D90EAC95A.jpeg
This last one hits home heavy, featured prominently in younger me’s soundtrack.
Probably 15 years since it’s last spin, can still sing along word for word.
So glad I didn’t shitcan the cd’s.

TimBay

If you ain't down with Lizzo, you don't know music.

JK. What's funny is my algorithm created "repeat rewind" has this sandwiched between Deerhunter and Eagles of Death Metal

Top Bottom