Music

rick81721

Lothar
I guess we know what they were doing on 4/20

The most interesting noise was the guy doing the box to wiener slap in the back.

Music is such a personal preference I don't get people suggesting to listen to something. I got about 20 secs into that video and couldn't take a second more!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Music is such a personal preference I don't get people suggesting to listen to something. I got about 20 secs into that video and couldn't take a second more!
I agree but always up for suggestions/ Always interesting what kinda stuff people come up with.

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
I've heard this band on the radio recently, really interesting. Great creative harmonies and instrumentilization. Watching this can put a smile on your race on a rainy day.
Click on link.

://www.npr.org/event/music/605224862/superorganism-tiny-desk-concert

+1 for reading Ralph Waldo Emerson on the first track. I had heard "Something For Your M.I.N.D." a few weeks ago and then forgot about it, it's a good jam - thanks for jogging my memory.

I don't know if I've posted it here before, but if you like this you may also be into I'm From Barcelona (..they're actually Swedish. I don't get it either, but you're not supposed to I guess). There's 28(?) of them and it's basically like a giant party.

Live @ The Bataclan in 2008:

"We're From Barcelona" and "Treehouse", both in that live show, are big tracks.

This is "Violins", some newer material, also good:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haha that was our wedding song!

All good, I'm pretty sure you'd hate what I listen to.
Yeah, I figured as much, dats why I picked it.
Hating on music is not something I do, I don't care for the stuff Pearl and Mike post, I usually don't click it...things would be pretty fucking boring if everyone liked the same shit...imo.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really like the Latin sound and trumpet. Definitely a blend of cultures that comes together. Calexico is playing tonight at the Bowery, timing didn't work out but would love to see this band live. Not Journey, NSFRICK

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
watching golf on tv - i'm not sure what the term is, but they are transitioning, and doing intros with a dumbed down version of Stricken - no lyrics.
i think it is anyway.

Rusty

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MMuller

Stretching with some 70's obscurities if you like. Classic Eugene Chadborne w/John Zorn

Willis Alan Ramsey did 1 record that's a classic among Texas songwriters. He had a big hit with Captain and Tennille covering Muscrat Love. Amazing record, every song a classic. When asked where the new album is, he often responds, "What's wrong with the first one?"

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MMuller Willis Alan Ramsey brings back memories of 70's radio, I just added that album to my my Spotify. I do remember hearing him do Muscrat Love, which if you can make that song work for you...you know you can sing.

20180519_114015.jpg

I did the Iggy seat upgrade to get this shot.

Speaking of 70's radio I saw Jackson Browne at the Beacon Theater last night. What can I say, he is a legend. Fortunately he is one of those 70's singer songwriters that can keep performing because his stuff is timeless. Even though he is 70, when he performs his material live, it still works and he looks and sounds good.

Running on Empty was one of his closing songs, great peddle steel guitar on this, or is that a lap steel, Mark?

MMuller

@MMuller Willis Alan Ramsey brings back memories of 70's radio, I just added that album to my my Spotify. I do remember hearing him do Muscrat Love, which if you can make that song work for you...you know you can sing.

View attachment 69126

Speaking of 70's radio I saw Jackson Browne at the Beacon Theater last night. What can I say, he is a legend. Fortunately he is one of those 70's singer songwriters that can keep performing because his stuff is timeless. Even though he is 70, when he performs his material live, it still works and he looks and sounds good.

Running on Empty was one of his closing songs, great peddle steel guitar on this, or is that a lap steel, Mark?

Daughter was there! I was there at the Capital Theater Passaic in 1975! Timeless......

MMuller

View attachment 69126

Greg Leisz on lap steel.

rick81721

Lothar

View attachment 69126

Wow he looks ancient - I remember him from when I was in college. Glad I aged so much better! :p

Top Bottom