MTBNJ's birdbox DH challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

one piece crank

I feel for you Max. Our family lives on peanut butter, so I cannot fathom trying to weed it out of our diet, or figure out what product may have touched a peanut!

My son developed a food sensitivity (mild reaction) to apples, carrots and few other fruits. Raw triggers it, cooked is fine. It turns out is a protein sensitivity that triggers the body like an allergen. Desensitization is available, but doesn't like needles.

RobW

What about birth control? Hormone changing pills and the long term effect on a woman? And how that may change her eggs after she is off birth control?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
good question - last time i looked there was no good answer.

what if we are just better at diagnosing these things, and not having kids end up dying? Seems i remember infant and youngster death to
be more prevalent when i was a kid.

it may also be genetic spreading - kinda like the opposite of how the ability to drink milk spread.

or it is monsanto - cause everthing is blamed on them.

serviceguy

or it is monsanto - cause everthing is blamed on them.

Oh boy! Let's not open that can of worms!

Let's just say that 'if it ain't broken don't need fixin'...are we aware of all long term consequences of genetically modified food that originally tasted just fine to begin with? No. Hence, I ain't buying it.

To put things into perspective , I find this old newspaper advertising from Bayer very telling...would you buy heroin as a cough suppressant these days? Can you imagine the disclaimer?
Bayer Heroin Ad.jpg

I am sure anybody can see the science behind this advert too. If a doctor recommends it it must be good for you.

camels-fresh-01-2015.jpg

In the end, we don't know what we don't know, and we shouldn't be too sure of what we know!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

Let's just say that 'if it ain't broken don't need fixin'...are we aware of all long term consequences of genetically modified food that originally tasted just fine to begin with? No. Hence, I ain't buying it.

To put things into perspective , I find this old newspaper advertising from Bayer very telling...would you buy heroin as a cough suppressant these days? Can you imagine the disclaimer?
View attachment 85442

I am sure anybody can see the science behind this advert too. If a doctor recommends it it must be good for you.

View attachment 85443

In the end, we don't know what we don't know, and we shouldn't be too sure of what we know!

I think GMOs have there place but maybe crop yield and size shouldn't warrant it

Mathers

View attachment 85442

View attachment 85443

Heroin was also a great cure for Coccaine

rick81721

Lothar
Hand sanitizer. Inside environements are too sanitized and people build no immune system. Top that with people staying inside more (zwift?!), kids not playing outside.

Kev is surprisingly on the mark here. This article cites fewer infections, which result in the immune system attacking safe food ingredients, and lack of vit D from less time outside as possible factors:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46302780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom