Mountain Man Biathlon 10/29

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i got an email about it... $10 off registration (but it looks like it only works if you click thru and register using race forum)

Untitled-1.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm sure it'll be exciting for the 10 people that sign up this year.

Sad, that race was so good in the past and is now horribly promoted.

JimN

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I signed up for this race back in 2010 or 2011, but then I remembered that running is stupid. Whenever I try to get into running, my IT band hurts and then I stop.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any chance this might actually be cancelled? I don't mind racing in rain, but this looks like a little more than just some rain.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't get it. One casual rider on muddy trails is bad, yet 50 - 100 racers going all out on muddy trails is OK? Does not compute.
Look... I understand the hypocrisy of not riding in the rain normally but then racing in those same conditions. And I don't want to get into an argument about it. I'm just trying to find out if the race will go on or not.

Chris(NJ)

I don't get it. One casual rider on muddy trails is bad, yet 50 - 100 racers going all out on muddy trails is OK? Does not compute.
I'm no race promoter, but I know cancelling an event for rain requires some effort. Like the availability of the park, permits, and all the other stuff that goes into it.
Opting to not go on a ride after work at a random trail because it's raining is a much easier option that requires no effort or planning.

I'm no race promoter, but I know cancelling an event for rain requires some effort. Like the availability of the park, permits, and all the other stuff that goes into it.
Opting to not go on a ride after work at a random trail because it's raining is a much easier option that requires no effort or planning.
So dozens of racers damaging the trails is ok because cancelling an event requires "some effort"??