Mountain, Cross and Shuffleboard Nats

Robin

welcome back!

I'll be around this summer (not working at the camp) so would love to join in some ladies rides up your way.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just a parting shot from Az that I just downloaded today.
moon.jpg

Finally got the house painted and put back together. Really glad things went back well. The new floor is porcelain tile that looks like wood. It has a radiant heat mat underneath since the first floor is on a slab. It was thick carpet before, so the new floor should be easy to clean and better for our lifestyle. It is nice to eat in our dining room again and have the original rug that we had in our last home. I am happy to see the rug and dinning furniture united again! The rug also does not show dirt like the white carpet that was there before the flood. It was an extra expense, but everything that was updated is better than before, so I really can't complain too much.

before.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

after.jpg

tahirs rock.jpg

Got up to Ringwood last week for a ride and had a good old time. So nice to be back up there again. It takes being away from something to realize how special it is. Art did the Iron Furnace and his first Harriman road ride, so I would say he is back into riding. I wish I could report the same for me, but I have gone backwards some. My neck has again flared up and energy levels have dropped. I am trying not to dwell too much on the negative, and hope to be back to normal riding soon.

On a good note, our hummingbird feeders have been active since we have been back. We had a baltimore oriole visitor one day too. Almost every day I see a blue heron, king fisher and wood ducks. I even saw a beaver one day, so things on the pond are as usual. It certainly has been nice weather the last few days.

oriole.jpg

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I am pretty bummed that I am still tired and not feeling up to riding much. I really want to get going and try to get in shape for nationals, but I am not feeling so great. I get my blood work back on Friday and have another apt with the chiro tomorrow. Hopefully someone will have some advice on how to be me again.

I did go out for a ride on Sunday morning, and it was looking like the rain would not come until after 1pm. I got myself all the way up into Ringwood and it started to rain. My glutes were so tender, that I was climbing like a snail up the white trail and feeling a little sorry for my tired self. I finally gave up and turned around. The trails were pretty slick by that point and I had not ridden in wet conditions in a long time. As a trail builder, I would not suggest going out to ride when it was wet, but I was already out there when it started to rain and was just heading home. I actually had fun and realized that riding in wet conditions was probably good training for nationals in West Virginia anyhow. All that downhill home, and I was pretty cold by the time I got into the garage.

.... Looks like more rain this week. :(

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
MTBNJ friends: I am looking to unload this bike project because my garage is just too full. It is a Gary Fisher (size small) frame ( late nineties ?) that was stolen form the dumpster and given to me to paint. I put old race parts ( some XTR ) on it and used for hauling a trailer. I actually did a few cross races on it, but I do not recommend that it be used for racing or jumping as it was once in the dumpster. Any ideas? Someone have a use for it?

cheeta.JPG
cheeta2.JPG

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
MTBNJ friends: I am looking to unload this bike project because my garage is just too full. It is a Gary Fisher (size small) frame ( late nineties ?) that was stolen form the dumpster and given to me to paint. I put old race parts ( some XTR ) on it and used for hauling a trailer. I actually did a few cross races on it, but I do not recommend that it be used for racing or jumping as it was once in the dumpster. Any ideas? Someone have a use for it?

View attachment 68989View attachment 68990
uhhh me

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I went to the doctor last Friday for a consultation of my blood work results, only to find out that my iron levels were never tested. I find it very strange that a doctor will test my cholesterol and a bunch of other stuff that always comes back normal, and skips iron that has a history of being low. Apparently, I need to remind her each time. I was not aware of this, but now I know that I need to be more involved. Either way, she did write an order for an iron test at the consultation, as well as a bunch of other stuff to help rule out. So, I am still waiting for results. :rolleyes:

I have been out on the bike twice and felt ok. Not great but a solid ok, which to me is a lot better. It is amazing what an ok ride and a sunny day can do to make a person feel fantastic! I have been able to get out and do some light work ( clearing branches and trail layout planning). I like to feel like I am getting something good done even if is not the big stuff. Getting proposals moving is always a good thing, and it seems like there is some momentum right now.

I am heading to western NC this week to attend a family party. I will be in prime riding country, but the weather is calling for rain every day as far as they predict. I will bring my bike, but not sure how much riding I will do. Hopefully I can squeeze a short, soggy ride in between family stuff and rain.

huffster

I tried to write a response a few times but it keeps getting too sarcastic about your doctor's incompetence and I also felt a healthcare rant coming. I've had some bad experiences myself with lazy POS doctors. Anyway, I deleted all the other crap.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problems with feeling "run-down". Low iron does make some sense - me being an internet doctor, and all. I did find one of these symptoms amusing. Have you been craving a handful of dirt?

1527024158879.png

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I tried to write a response a few times but it keeps getting too sarcastic about your doctor's incompetence and I also felt a healthcare rant coming. I've had some bad experiences myself with lazy POS doctors. Anyway, I deleted all the other crap.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problems with feeling "run-down". Low iron does make some sense - me being an internet doctor, and all. I did find one of these symptoms amusing. Have you been craving a handful of dirt?

View attachment 69351
LOL, I think we all crave dirt. As for doctors, I think my doctor is open minded, but she seems to be the kind that needs a patient to organize symptoms and stress the important ones. I tend to make things smaller and not complain until I am feeling really bad. So I have a hard time pointing the finger at the doctor, when I could be better about explaining things and stressing the importance of my desire to exercise. There just are quite a few things going on with my body right now and I am not sure what it is. When I told the doctor that my neck hurt so bad that I could not complete a road ride and turned around at 7 miles, she said: " you rode 7 miles, turned around and rode 7 miles back? That is 14 miles! That is more than most people could ever do". When I explained what I usually do, she understood, but perhaps I had not spelled that out before.

onetracker

Feel better soon. We had a family member who had seliac disease so bad that she could not absorb iron (really bad symptoms). Perhaps worth getting tested if you have not already ruled that out.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I survived the trip to North Carolina. Normally an 11 hour drive once a year is not a big deal, but right after 4 days in the car crossing the country, it was not much fun. I hope to stay put for awhile. It rained everyday down there, but not all day, so I got out on the road with my mountain bike twice. Just to give you an idea of how wet it is down there, Dupont SF closed all trails this week because of over saturation. The party down there went off good and Art and I were able help Art's mom and sister with a few things. As soon as we were done, we packed our soggy clothes and headed home.

I finally got my blood work back and my iron levels were satisfactory. I am not sure if they were down and 1 week of supplements before the lab work was enough to bring them up, or I suffer from something else. I hope to give it a few weeks of riding to see how I feel. I have been craving meat, so I decided to work some animal into my diet. The few rides I have done, have been slightly more energetic and I rode a few days in a row.

I really was hoping to be out racing by now, but I have not been able to make that happen. Besides not feeling well, the weather has not been great. Bear Creek is Sunday and rain is predicted. To make things worse, I woke up with a sore throat and chills this morning. I was going to pre ride tomorrow, so I will see how I feel tomorrow. Not sure if I want to ride/race feeling sick in the rain. ....Hoping for some sunny days ahead.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
My cold was no worse this morning than yesterday so I went out to ride Bear Creek. The woods were the wettest I have seen them there. I was a little unsure of myself at first but then it was awesome! I have to admit that I walked a few sections as I am not quite up to speed both mentally and physically. All in all, I give the race a thumbs up. I also noticed that they removed the second climb that we did in nationals, so that works better for me too. I sure had some great memories out there today, and I am looking forward to getting back out to race.

Before I left today, I took all my Campmor gear out of my bag and repacked with my new bike shop jersey. A little bittersweet to walk away from Campmor after all these years as they were an awesome sponsor and really nice people. That being said, I am looking forward to working with a new small bike shop and super cool owner.

Top Bottom