Mountain Creek XC Trail Ride: 11/6

DownhillR3

Hey,

Love seeing all the group rides going on (of course I cannot attend many due to work schedule) so wanted to join in on the fun and share a local ride spot that probably not a lot of you guys/gals have ever just rode at... well a few have raced at during a H2H event. I'm an IMBA Coach, former trail builder and been a DH/XC racer since I was a junior and just got back into biking after a 4 year break, working in the industry burnt me out. Would love to get a group together and tour everyone around the XC trails at the top of Mountain Creek Bike Park in Vernon, NJ. I will be pedaling up the ski resort side to the meet location if anyone else wants to join me, will be in the Mountain Creek Parking Lot at 8:30am which gives us 20-30min. to climb the mountain to meet the others at the yellow gate.

When: Sunday, November 6th
Where: Top of Mountain Creek Resort
Ride Start Location
: Meet at the top of the mountain at the yellow gate) CLICK HERE <<Please note this meet spot requires a drive down a dirt road roughly 1.5miles to the parking location. I do it in a Subaru Impreza so it is not terrible, but just didn't want anyone surprised.
Time: 9AM - 11AM
Terrain: Intermediate

Ride pace will be based upon who shows up. All trails are located near fireroads, just as an FYI for anyone who needs to dip out early. Would rate the trail system as Intermediate with a few technical sections. Perfect for all-mountain bikes.

Hope to get the ball rolling and meet some more MTBNJ'ers.

Last edited:

huffster

Is this still on? I'm quite interested in checking out these XC trails especially with someone who knows the way. I am going to be a game-day decision, though. Hoping that my family calendar comes together in my favor.

trek007

Is this still on? I'm quite interested in checking out these XC trails especially with someone who knows the way. I am going to be a game-day decision, though. Hoping that my family calendar comes together in my favor.
I'll be there with a few folks on 11/5 if you cant make 11/6. We should be there 9-10 am. We will be doing mostly downhill sections but nothing crazy.

Last edited:

DownhillR3

If people are still interested in showing up 100% when I check the forum Saturday night. If not, I will go ride somewhere else on my one day off. :)

huffster

I've already got to withdraw. Seems my wife completely forgot us discussing this and made plans for us. I may just have to get up there one of these days on my own and explore.

DownhillR3

Interest seems low. Will be riding elsewhere in AM. 9am ride at creek cancelled. If anyone wants to explore the XC trails, just PM me.

Top Bottom