Motocross bikes at Allaire!!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So I heard from a little bird today that a certain person ended up with 2 tickets for rideing motos in allaire and due to of the amount of complaints and reports that the park recieved the officer had to bust him. if we read into this right then by informing the park we were able to get the problem dealt with and oh btw he was also told to take his video down. so much for his posts that when he gets caught he is just told not to ride there anymore. just wanted to spread this so we all know that there are times when the system does indeed work...
plus we got a huge thanks for taking care of the park like it was our own.

Last edited:

MikeP

That is good news. The guy obviously doesn't care about the fine but since he was on a enduro (street legal) I wonder if there was a way to give him a ticket for reckless driving and the points against his license. Maybe having his insurance jacked will make him think twice. Stupid guido.

Frank

Sasquatch
That is good news. The guy obviously doesn't care about the fine but since he was on a enduro (street legal) I wonder if there was a way to give him a ticket for reckless driving and the points against his license. Maybe having his insurance jacked will make him think twice. Stupid guido.

Unnecessary

Yes, perhaps unnecessary. But in Mike's defense, he's recently felt the same pain of watching his work get trashed, it's easy to get carried away when that happens. It's great that so many contacted the park....thank you all.

Johnny Utah

I indeed now have faith in the system. Thanks to everyone that helped out, makes me feel warm and fuzzy we were able to take care of this peacefully.

Hope to see you all at the upcoming trail maintenance:).

Glenlivet12

This is great. I remember at least twice just missing being run down by motocrossers at allaire. It really is unfortunate there aren't many, if any, better options for them in the state though.

MikeP

So ... three of your great-grandparents were Italian, then?

(I'm mathletic ...)

Actually 3 of my grandparents are from Italy. Guido-ness isn't dependent on DNA it's a state if mind........usually involving a Camaro..........and lots of hair gel ;)

The Kalmyk

There are other options Bill they just aren't as convenient to get to... More option in central and north jersey would solve this problem

wonderturtle

it is unfortunate that there arent more options for them.

also unfortunate that there arent more trails accessible to mountain bikers. but you dont see me riding "off-limits" just cause I feel like it.

I was one of the many that sent emails. glad the guy got a ticket.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
"Eh screw it, im enjoying myself" was def the best line in the whole video.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

MikeP

it is unfortunate that there arent more options for them.

also unfortunate that there arent more trails accessible to mountain bikers. but you dont see me riding "off-limits" just cause I feel like it.

I was one of the many that sent emails. glad the guy got a ticket.

Totally agree that there needs to be more places for MX riders to legally ride. there's what 2 or 3 places in the whole state? Most communities don't want them because of the noise pollution.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
it does suck that there are not more riding areas for sure when I was young and rode my coal fired mini-bike there was places that where "open" for us to ride now I think the "noise" issue could be a problem. As for riding in NJ I work with a few guys that have motos and they all ride down south by either forked river or wharton or mount misery out west...

265crosser

Imo

There is a new riding area that just opened; to date they have had 40 riders, reason is you have to be over 14 which eliminates 40% of potential riders as many dad's bring their kids with them, second your bike has to have working lights I believe!
We are hearing news of a few more opening up; good news for us! The noise is a problem for sure but the same people who complain about the noise don't say a word about the onslaught of landscaper's and their constant spring / summer noise.
Also if you had to pay every time you wanted to pedal; I am pretty sure most mtb'ers would trespass in order to ride; imagine if you had to pay every time you went to Allaire.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions