Mooch Madness 2017 results!

interesting large turnout for the endurance event
is there a trend with Mtb popularity going towards this format?

Awesome event! Course was rocky and tough, but still plenty of flow -- loved the decent. Event was well organized and quick posting of results was welcomed. Enjoying the series so far :)

its actually always been our biggest class in the past 3 years. Not sure if its a trend or not, but I think its a nice way that racers of different category can compete together....speed is still important, but now its speed and how long you will stay out there and torture yourself.

The course was great. Lots of rock with good climbs and amazing descents!

I did have one public service announcement:

There was one thing I was baffled by... So man people preriding and spinning around the camp without helmets?!?!?!? I can understand if you are making a quick trip to reg(even then they should still be worn) but people were all over the start hill and up into the singletrack warming up and riding around like it's the cool thing to do. Falls happen in dumb situations and I'd hate to see someone really injured while doing this.

This race was my first ever and I had a great time. I had no idea what to expect, but from the perspective of a first timer rolling in solo and unregistered, it was all pretty straightforward. Everyone I spoke to was helpful and friendly. Music and MC were great, as was the gentleman giving instructions at the starting line; probably something most take for granted but for someone solo racing the first time that little bit of instruction is huge. Registration was easy and quick, and the course was well marked….and more importantly the course was REALLY FUN. Couldn’t have asked for more. Getting a silly wheelie pic of myself racing is just icing on the cake!

Overall a great experience and a big THANK YOU to all that setup/worked the event.

I hope this is the case as well. It will bring out more racers and in turn create more support...resulting in a individual race/series payout commensurate with the increased entry fees and additional effort.

Back
Top Bottom