Montgomery Twp Open Space

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Give the people what they want! :)

Please consider coming out to this meeting on Tuesday to support an opportunity for more multi-use trails and a possible pump track in Montgomery twp. They want to hear from cyclists. You cant turn down this type of opportunity!!!

Lets be heard.

"Montgomery Township is hosting a joint meeting of the Recreation Committee and Open Space Committee on Tuesday October 10 at 7:00pm in the Courtroom of the Municipal Building to discuss the update to the Recreation and Open Space Master Plan.

We’re seeking input from various groups (e.g. Scouts, walkers/runners) on how they currently use our parks, pathways and open space properties, and ways they would like to use these local resources. We’d love input from the cycling community, and to hear about your idea for the pump track, and also if we could utilize one of properties as cycling destination similar to 6 mile run in Franklin. I’m not sure if you’ve had a chance to look at the pathways at Cherry Brook Preserve and whether or not they might be suitable. We’re getting ready to close on a property on Spring Hill Road that might be a possibility.

Please attend if you’re available, and invite other cyclists. Feel free to pass this along to any member of the public who might be interested to attend."

See you there!

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
this is when my job blows - won't be able to make it. i'll send someone a picture of me - someone print it out and make a cardboard sign with my face on it? k thanks.

J-Dro

Anxious to hear how this meeting goes. I'm away on vacation this week so I won't be able to attend. But clearly there is a need for beginner/intermediate trails in the area. And a pump track? Hell yeah.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i can show up and tell them how i tore a tendon in my thumb? guess i should take that brace off.....
i'll see what i can do - i'd have to forego another meeting that the high school wants me at..

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
this is when my job blows - won't be able to make it. i'll send someone a picture of me - someone print it out and make a cardboard sign with my face on it? k thanks.
Perhaps it's too early in the game for a cardboard cutout Clarkenstein? Maybe next meeting!? :D

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Thanks to everyone for coming out last night to show their support. Our input was received very well.
@jdog spoke to the strength of our multi-use inclusive community, the effectiveness of our volunteer efforts, our expertise and experience.
The open space committee seems very open to investigate trail building in various open space properties.
I spoke to quite a few people last night that had a positive view of JORBA and the work that we do. Thank you all for spreading the word and doing what you can to help the cause.
More work will need to be done to promote the pump track idea but they seem to have an ideal site for it.

kidzach

Good to hear. Keep us posted on when you need to show numbers. I'll make a trip down and visit family in the process.

snashters

Thanks to everyone for coming out last night to show their support. Our input was received very well.
@jdog spoke to the strength of our multi-use inclusive community, the effectiveness of our volunteer efforts, our expertise and experience.
The open space committee seems very open to investigate trail building in various open space properties.
I spoke to quite a few people last night that had a positive view of JORBA and the work that we do. Thank you all for spreading the word and doing what you can to help the cause.
More work will need to be done to promote the pump track idea but they seem to have an ideal site for it.
Did anything come of the land on Spring Hill?

rick81721

Lothar

Dang I never got a chance to hike that section but just from what you can see riding up the hill there it looks promising. Must be hunters in there recently, there's always a few vehicles parked there.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Dang I never got a chance to hike that section but just from what you can see riding up the hill there it looks promising. Must be hunters in there recently, there's always a few vehicles parked there.[/QUOTE

I haven't forgotten. I was about to put some energy into this and instead I worked on the blue trail this fall.

I'll keep you posted

Top Bottom