Moab/Park City, UT - first time advice needed

dmc123

Me and two buddies are heading to Moab for 2 days then Park City for 5 starting September 27. This is part of a business trip for one guy so the schedule is already set. Never been mountain biking out west, my buddy knows Park City well but we need Moab advice. So we need good places to stay and best trails to hit with only 2 days. We are probably shipping our bikes out there through Bike Flights. I hope to be the owner of a new bike just 1-2 weeks before we go. Who do I trust to receive and store three expensive bikes? One guy thinks we should ship to the hotel and he will reassemble all 3 bikes at the night before. Not impossible but I’m thinking a bike shop might be better. Just have to deal with their hours. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

cbiker

Should be able to seach here and elsewhere for plenty of info. Id hit ahab loop, mag 7, whole enchilada top is gertting washed out but still worth riding. Pothole arch and jackson are fun too.

goodvibe

Should be able to seach here and elsewhere for plenty of info. Id hit ahab loop, mag 7, whole enchilada top is gertting washed out but still worth riding. Pothole arch and jackson are fun too.
What he said. Ahab, Mag7, and Whole Enchilada, which includes Porcupine Rim. Rented a bike and took a shuttle to the top of Whole Enchilada from Moab Cyclery. Nice people.

Shaggz

A strong 7
What he said. Ahab, Mag7, and Whole Enchilada, which includes Porcupine Rim. Rented a bike and took a shuttle to the top of Whole Enchilada from Moab Cyclery. Nice people.
It looks like I may be heading out to Salt Lake in early May for work. I will have a couple days to myself, and would like to hit Moab. I'll be flying solo, and want this to be as point-and-shoot as possible. Has anyone used any of the tour companies? Moab Cyclery offers a "Best of Moab" 8 hour tour.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I haven’t used a tour company, but I’ve done all my riding out there solo. I think with a gps app like Trailforks you can navigate your way around pretty well. The trail is marked pretty well ( it’s mostly rock so it needs to be). The only issues I’ve had are the beginning of amasa up where it criss crosses a Jeep trail.

Doubt whole enchilada is open in May so your limited to the lower trails. I would recommend Amasa to pothole arch up, and rock stacker to ahab down.

That being said, there’s valid reasons to ride with a guide. Safety being one, and not having to guess as much on the lines. It’s easy to miss the “more fun” lines.

Top Bottom