Moab Area Rides...but not THOSE rides?

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We're taking a family trip to Moab in April. We will have bikes...and kids. Little ones will also have bikes and the wee one will be on a weehoo. Looking for ride suggestions to do as a family and also some short solo rides.

While I'd love to take 8 hours to shuttle Whole Enchilada, Magnificent 7, Amasa Back, etc... there's no way that's happening on this trip. I assume the adult riding options will be limited to time-crunched 1-1.5 hour escapes. Yeah, I've done Slickrock and will probably do it again unless there is better stuff.

Also looking for good rides/hikes/outings to do with small kids. They can handle most of the NICA course at 6mi on their own at this point but NFW the're doing Slickrock.

We will be RV camping for a few days on BLM land, either Sand Flats area or Kane Creek. We also have a night or two at Deadhorse SP. Open to any and all suggestions.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I know pipe dream runs along the edge of town and is a popular lunch ride. I’ve never ridden it though. I’d say use mtb project to see what’s the most convenient for you.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Moab Brand Trails are close to town and are good for quick rides. You also probably know this already, but there is a smaller practice loop up at Slickrock but I'm not sure how much easier it is.

adogg

The Moab Brand Trails are close to town and are good for quick rides.
Rode on Moab Brand trails last year and actually they were a lot of fun. Most trails are either beginner friendly or intermediate with only couple marked as advanced. If you ride all the trails in that place, it's probably 4 maybe 5 hours of riding. Bonus: you get some cool views of Arches national park. Deadhorse SP also has MTB trails so may be convenient since you're staying right in it.

https://www.discovermoab.com/mountainbiking/

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode on Moab Brand trails last year and actually they were a lot of fun.

I also enjoyed them, but it was a few years ago so it's a bit vague. There's definitely some easy stuff and some easier slickrock type trails there though.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Brands has short loops. Also Navaho Rocks may be slightly bigger loops but is much more scenic and has some slick rock.

roc

We're taking a family trip to Moab in April. We will have bikes...and kids. Little ones will also have bikes and the wee one will be on a weehoo. Looking for ride suggestions to do as a family and also some short solo rides.

While I'd love to take 8 hours to shuttle Whole Enchilada, Magnificent 7, Amasa Back, etc... there's no way that's happening on this trip. I assume the adult riding options will be limited to time-crunched 1-1.5 hour escapes. Yeah, I've done Slickrock and will probably do it again unless there is better stuff.

Also looking for good rides/hikes/outings to do with small kids. They can handle most of the NICA course at 6mi on their own at this point but NFW the're doing Slickrock.

We will be RV camping for a few days on BLM land, either Sand Flats area or Kane Creek. We also have a night or two at Deadhorse SP. Open to any and all suggestions.
Definitely take the kids on a hike in Arches, ask the rangers for an age/kid appropriate hike. That place is definitely worth checking out.

cbiker

also could do mag seven have the wife and kids drop you off at the top then drive down to gemini bridges ride only takes like an hour to there and you have a free shuttle that way. Gemini bridges is a pretty nice remote short hike worth checking out while you ride down

Top Bottom