Mnt snow or thunder mountain

jumpa

So my gf wants to go to new bike park for her bday. We narrowed it down to mnt snow or thunder mnt. Any opinions on the two?

subscribed!

Boy wonder and I have hopefully a VT trifecta sugarbush Killington mount snow. Originally okemo but found that it's mostly xc and not enough gravity.

Thunder will be on a return from highlands later in season.

Whiteface has been on my hit list for a few years now. Have to convince @fidodie to come on that one. Does Gore offer lift assisted?

Haven't ridden Gore or Mount Snow since the 90's so can't give a any input.

Still need a short weekend thrown in for Wyndham and Platty.

What kind of birthday gift is that? Drive to Whistler...

Last edited:
Well scratch that, both mountains aren't open Tuesdays? Lol. Guess. Go later on in the week

i havent been to Mt Snow in years but from what i remember it's more old school natural tech and Thunder is new school flow. Someone who's been there more recently may prove me wrong though.

i havent been to Mt Snow in years but from what i remember it's more old school natural tech and Thunder is new school flow. Someone who's been there more recently may prove me wrong though.

What he said. Mount Snow hasn't invested in their trail network in years. If I was trying to get my girl hooked on DH, I'd go with Thunder.

What he said. Mount Snow hasn't invested in their trail network in years. If I was trying to get my girl hooked on DH, I'd go with Thunder.

shes prob into DH more than i am. I get teased for going on road rides. But we are gonna save the thunder trip for later in the week it seems. gonna go hit up Windham tom as a last minute trip.

Drove past everything ...going to Killington now. Super random trip is super random.
That's a helluva lot more windshield time! I also have not been to Killington since the late 90s but it was very similar to Mt Snow back then anyway. I hear they've been investing in trails though and they have way better "apres bike" options. Killington may actually still have some snow on the trails!

If driving from NJ to Killington, I would have gone to Highland, although I'm not sure if they are open during the week other than Thu and Fri yet.

Thunder is pretty good - just rode there this past weekend. Good mix of beginner to advanced trails.

There is a race at Killington next weekend. Haven't decided about going yet. Will depend on if I can get Friday off from work. I've heard a lot of trail work has been done and it would be interesting to check out.

That's a helluva lot more windshield time! I also have not been to Killington since the late 90s but it was very similar to Mt Snow back then anyway. I hear they've been investing in trails though and they have way better "apres bike" options. Killington may actually still have some snow on the trails!

It had a lot of nice natural downhill trails that I enjoyed. And a good amount of man made berms/rollers/jumps. The entire snowshed section of the mountain felt like a big flow trail network while riding up the k1 had more of the natural stuff. Riding down the natural trails from the top of k1 while the late day sun shines through the trees...amazing feeling.

If driving from NJ to Killington, I would have gone to Highland, although I'm not sure if they are open during the week other than Thu and Fri yet.

Thunder is pretty good - just rode there this past weekend. Good mix of beginner to advanced trails.

There is a race at Killington next weekend. Haven't decided about going yet. Will depend on if I can get Friday off from work. I've heard a lot of trail work has been done and it would be interesting to check out.

Yea, lots of parks aren't open mid week yet. That's when we like to ride. Killington is also one of my gf favorite East coast snowboarding mountains and she has been waiting forever to see the scenery in the summer while biking. Will look into highland .

Highland Summer hours began June 20 and run through Sept 1:

Monday - Thursday: 10am-5pm
Friday: 10am-7pm
Saturday / Sunday: 9am-5pm

We just did a three day three mountain stop. Thunder, Highland, Windham. We are very much beginners, this was probably on our 4th or 5th time out. Thunder was good, nice intermediate trails with a good mix of everything. They have an intermediate jump trail that my son loved. I did not ride Highland, but that was my sons favorite. I took him there for a one day kids camp. Such a difference in his riding now. We will definitely go back to Highland. Windham was not impressive. Only two trails for us and very rocky. Probably will not go back there.

Back
Top Bottom