IGVENTURE

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After racing Beat up Creek last week on my rigid SS, KVSP yesterday felt so much better. That place has the flow of Stewart and the fastest avg. speeds in the H2H. Going fast is always fun.

Yes it was hot but manageable IMO. I like that clockwise loop, all the climbs are doable on SS and switchback re route near start of course made the climbing a bit easier. The lap miles where perfect, roughly 30 minute laps with a race time of about 1.5 hr, which was welcome on a hot day.

View attachment 53186
Iggy why is 3rd place wearing long sleeves? Did you Photo Shop this picture??

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Iggy why is 3rd place wearing long sleeves?
What am I, fuckin Google???
It was north jersey so it was colder up there.
After the race I was like...

giphy (1).gif

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@fidodie, yeah that's cute. But hey, if it brings a bunch of people in to yoga then it's a good thing.
For me I see the benefits of yoga and enjoy it. Beer is good, but I don't need the lure of it to practice yoga.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lewmo Race Recap.
Cat 1 SS, NO PROS ALLOWED

20170626_120709.jpg

So 8 of us are on the line and we hit the gas when we hear the beep. Cima usually races to the front and provides the lead out but he ain't here today. 5 of us are riding abreast when Art White throws it down and shoots ahead, basically saying come on you ******* let's race, with that I get motivated to take the lead and set the pace up the gradual climb. By the time we make the first right into the uphill climb Dan Stewart takes the lead with me and Jamie following.

Through this climb and the next switch back climb after the bridge we encounter the back o pack fodder from age cats. Dan managed to put about a 15 second gap on me and Jamie going up the long gradual teal climb. At this point I put the hammer down and go around the fodder with Jamie in tow.

We catch Dan at the top and go around him like he is standing still. Now, Dan is not the Dan he was last year...i think he got married, had a kid, bought a house and basically stopped riding a bike. Actually I'm not exactly sure why Dan is slower this year but the above mentioned is usually the reason.

The teal climb is also where most guys crack. After climbing for 10 minutes then facing this long gradual climb with kickers at the top it's enough to red line if you push too hard.

I'm feeling good and enjoy some down hill after teal. Jamie is still with me and we continue to motor along. When we get to the back parking lot I am looking forward to some downhill in hopes of putting a gap on Jamie. Despite throwing it down he stays on my wheel as we come out of twisties and the shitbacks.

We finish up the roller coasters on yellow and come through the start finish together. At this point I know I am in trouble when my best effort could not shake Jamie. Our lap time was 29 minutes, so we made the sub 30 club but there is no way I can keep that pace.

As we head toward climbs to start lap 2 I dial it back and Jamie sits in. We make our way up teal and Jamie makes his move. I try and respond but can't stay on his wheel and he gaps me. At this point I pop a Gu, I kinda forgot to fuel up before race but am hoping doing so now I'll feel like Popeye after eating his spinach.

The Gu doesn't do much for me but I tell myself it did. As I come around the half way point Jamie is out of sight but I continue to press on in hopes that he will fade. The end of the roller coasters was great, about 6 people where there cheering. I couldn't tell you who they were, I just heard cheers as my head was in a race fog.

Coming around the start/finish someone tells me that Jamie is 45" up, this may as well been 45 minutes up. When someone is out of sight it's so much harder to get motivated to chase them down. The last lap is uneventful, despite my best efforts I could not close the gap on Jamie. My only motivation at this point was to not let #3 catch me, mission accomplished.

At the post race party I congratulate Jamie, we chat and check out the race times. When you don't win despite being the favorite people want to know what happened. Honestly i had a good race, Jamie just had a better race. I hope that mofo rides that well when we team up at CP again this year,*)

Also I want to add that Sean was awesome as MC, he really pulled the race together like that rug pulled Lebowski's room together. It was good hearing his voice yesterday.

20170626_120521.jpg

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lewmo Race Recap.
Cat 1 SS, NO PROS ALLOWED

The Gu doesn't do much for me but I tell myself it did. As I come around the half way point Jamie is out of sight but I continue to press on in hopes that he will fade. The end of the roller coasters was great, about 6 people where there cheering. I couldn't tell you who they were, I just heard cheers as my head was in a race fog.

View attachment 53802

that was me, @MissJR , @Santapez and @1sh0t1b33r :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, I've been lame when it comes to updating this. My excuse was I was on vacation then the eclipse happened and the last few days I was in Pittsburgh dropping J off at school. I'll start in reverse order with some pics of the Pitt move in.

Step 1, rent uhaul trailer.
Step 2, fill it with Js stuff.
Step 3, drive to Pitt and unload his stuff.
20170821_172439.jpg

Driving this was not as bad as I thought. I was able to drive 80mph and park it pretty easy.

The dump, currently housing 7 sophomores at Pitt. $3,500/mo. @gtluke , screw bitcoin, invest in real estate (off campus housing).
20170825_092647.jpg

While I was there I got a mtb ride in at North Park, trails about 30 minutes north of Pitt. This place had the flow of Stewart with more elevation. There was not a lot of acres but the trails where really well laid out to make the most use of space and avoid fall line climbs.
Me with a friendly hiker. Fred was training for a hike along the AT, I was alone and it was nice to have a chat mid ride.
20170825_115408.jpg

A trip to Pittsburgh is not complete until u take in a Pirates game. I caught a good one Wednesday night. Pirates ended a no hitter in bottom of 10th with a walk off homer. Parteee.
22739.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Ok, I've been lame when it comes to updating this. My excuse was I was on vacation then the eclipse happened and the last few days I was in Pittsburgh dropping J off at school. I'll start in reverse order with some pics of the Pitt move in.

Step 1, rent uhaul trailer.
Step 2, fill it with Js stuff.
Step 3, drive to Pitt and unload his stuff.
View attachment 56353

Driving this was not as bad as I thought. I was able to drive 80mph and park it pretty easy.

The dump, currently housing 7 sophomores at Pitt. $3,500/mo. @gtluke , screw bitcoin, invest in real estate (off campus housing).
View attachment 56354
While I was there I got a mtb ride in at North Park, trails about 30 minutes north of Pitt. This place had the flow of Stewart with more elevation. There was not a lot of acres but the trails where really well laid out to make the most use of space and avoid fall line climbs.
Me with a friendly hiker. Fred was training for a hike along the AT, I was alone and it was nice to have a chat mid ride.
View attachment 56357

A trip to Pittsburgh is not complete until u take in a Pirates game. I caught a good one Wednesday night. Pirates ended a no hitter in bottom of 10th with a walk off homer. Parteee.
View attachment 56358
The pirates statium had to be one of the better placed stadium in MLB, looking over the city and right on the river.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
they were talmbout that game on espn, sadly even though he had a no hitter in 9 innings, since it went to 10, it doesn't go down as a no hitter. very interesting.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
they were talmbout that game on espn, sadly even though he had a no hitter in 9 innings, since it went to 10, it doesn't go down as a no hitter. very interesting.
Yeah, the defense was working hard to keep the no hitter going, but you can say the fact that the Dodgers left 8 men on base without being able to score is what really hurt them. In hindsight they needed more aggressive base running to get man on second and in position to score on a single.

Top Bottom