IGVENTURE

2017-05-08_09-52-14.jpg

I pulled this one out of my ass yesterday. 15 minutes into lap 1 I flatted. After hitting it with air and playing with tire I got the leak to seal but lost about 3 minutes in the process. Racing myself in dead last I was in no man's land until the end of lap 2 where I caught glimpse of the pack. At the start of lap 3 I fought my way up to 3rd by passing Jamie and had my sights on the second place rider, Dave Taylor. Mid way through lap 3 I past him but he continued to battle me.

In the process we came upon the leader, Brian White, running his bike after he had flatted. He was 5 minutes up on us and uncatchable but now out of the race. The door was open for 1st place and the competition for it became intense. After some hard efforts I was able put a gap on cramping Taylor and take 1st place. Don't ever give up, anything can happen yo.

Well, I must say riding a rigid bike at Bear Creek really beat me up. More then the Mooch course or Ringwood. Big rocks, big speed = big impacts. Really fun course and I'm glad did this but next year suspension for sure.

20170605_161655.jpg

After racing Beat up Creek last week on my rigid SS, KVSP yesterday felt so much better. That place has the flow of Stewart and the fastest avg. speeds in the H2H. Going fast is always fun.

Yes it was hot but manageable IMO. I like that clockwise loop, all the climbs are doable on SS and switchback re route near start of course made the climbing a bit easier. The lap miles where perfect, roughly 30 minute laps with a race time of about 1.5 hr, which was welcome on a hot day.

20170611_155634.jpg

Back
Top Bottom