IGVENTURE

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20170129_140214.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This wknd. Mary and I road tripped to VT for some snow fun. Well actually Mary did the things she enjoys to do and I did my thing. We've been coming to VT for 20+ years, for Mary this means a stop in Manchester outlets and for me its being on the snow. Prospect Mtn. is the best choice for xc skiing in southern VT.

We arrived Saturday morning around 11, not a bad ride, 3.5hrs. with stops. Mary dropped me off then drove over to Manchester about 40 minutes away. The plan was to meet back in the ski lodge around 2.
20170205_204546.png

The snow was perfect, temps were in the teens under a bright sunny sky. I hadn't been here since 2 yrs. ago, last yr was a dry year. I skied alone but people are always friendly and the lodge has folks who like to chat. I love the vibe in the ski lodge, it's old there is a wood burning stove and people just leave there stuff on tables...it's the kind of place you leave your wallet in your bag unlocked and don't worry about it.

I wear my MTBNJ gear when on the mountain, which gets some looks. While I was in the lodge on Sunday a guy my age tells me he knows me from SSaP, I think i met him a few years ago while skiing up here. Anyway, when he said SSaP, I was like holy shit, I have to reg. I looked at my phone, 11:52. After trying to get on the internet for 10 minutes with no luck(remote mountain in VT=0 internets), I text my crew to see if they can reg me. @UtahJoe comes through, success .

Someplace only I know. Hopefully this sticker stays here, like my Battenkill race number from 2014 hanging behind the register at Man of Kent...look for it #138.

20170205_204219.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The snow is gone, training has begun.

With race season here I've gone back to doing intervals. At this point I know what my weaknesse's are and I don't bother doing an FTP test. I know what my power numbers are and what is good and what numbers are not good. I guess if I had a coach my training may be more formal but this is why I don't have a coach. I could benefit from a coach but I guess I don't like paying someone to tell me what to do.

The bottom line is that you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. The hardest part, like anything else is getting yourself out there and doing the work. Usually, halfway through a workout your mind is focused for the task and your already in the pain cave so you don't focus on the suck but rather finishing the suck.

While there is typically angst before a workout there is always satisfaction in having completed a set of intervals. Also I find that my body gets hyped up and I have this heightened level of awareness and energy post intervals. This feeling makes the angst bearable, that and being able to ride my bike faster longer is also the payoff.

Enjoying a mtb ride at the training zone. This seemed like a romantic area for me and Kirt to take a break.

20170402_154919.jpg

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Ohhhhhh
The snow is gone, training has begun.

With race season here I've gone back to doing intervals. At this point I know what my weaknesse's are and I don't bother doing an FTP test. I know what my power numbers are and what is good and what numbers are not good. I guess if I had a coach my training may be more formal but this is why I don't have a coach. I could benefit from a coach but I guess I don't like paying someone to tell me what to do.

The bottom line is that you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. The hardest part, like anything else is getting yourself out there and doing the work. Usually, halfway through a workout your mind is focused for the task and your already in the pain cave so you don't focus on the suck but rather finishing the suck.

While there is typically angst before a workout there is always satisfaction in having completed a set of intervals. Also I find that my body gets hyped up and I have this heightened level of awareness and energy post intervals. This feeling makes the angst bearable, that and being able to ride my bike faster longer is also the payoff.

Enjoying a mtb ride at the training zone. This seemed like a romantic area for me and Kirt to take a break.

View attachment 50208

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Mitch ,go back and look at the text I sent you. In particular the opening sentence of me going to RV with Kirt.
Also paypal Kirt, so I can drink your beer.
:)

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Mitch ,go back and look at the text I sent you. In particular the opening sentence of me going to RV with Kirt.
Also paypal Kirt, so I can drink your beer.
:)
I was drunk. I thought Kirt texted me that he was going to Ringwood with you.
And dont you worry about my finances with Kirt. ;*).
And you're welcome.

Top Bottom